Issue regarding Remote Desktop Preview for Windows Phone 8.1

Ali Assaedi

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
its wifi lol, and im next to the router :)

anyways, i closed splashtop streamer, it improved greatly, but still occasionally disconnects..
==
also, i wonder why cant we have a smooth Video/audio streaming(is it only me ? ). my old hp touchpad had a very smooth Video streaming(at lower res, but looked great never the less).. in both webOS and andriod using splashtop

the splashtop in WP8 is as laggy as the remote desktop :(

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

anyways, i closed splashtop streamer, it improved greatly, but still occasionally disconnects..
==
also, i wonder why cant we have a smooth Video/audio streaming(is it only me ? ). my old hp touchpad had a very smooth Video streaming(at lower res, but looked great never the less).. in both webOS and andriod using splashtop

Connectivity on wp8.0 is a little laggy. You must be using wp8.1 dev preview, it has WiFi connectivity bug which we hope will get fixed with the official update. Till then there is no option than waiting 😞

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site

Try turning ooff the firewall

==

Remote Desktop is not intended for video/audio speed, RDP is not a multimedia protocol.

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
If THAT is what you want, you're using the wrong program. Look into setting up a Plex or MediaBrowser 3 server instead.

I guess he mean playing videos in the remote PC, or games.

SplashTop 2 is the only remote app with good performance in video streaming.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
I guess he mean playing videos in the remote PC

I get that, but the point is more that using it for that makes zero sense. There are far better solutions that are specifically designed for that kind of usage. You get better video quality and better performance doing it right.

saimohan35

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
i am using proxy network for internet connection... for that i set up my lan connection with some ip adress and dns server..... it is not connecting to pc with any ip address(my proxy ip and system ip and system name)..... i have turned on everything related to remote desktop..... any one please tell me how to connect to remote desktop in proxy network......???

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
i am using proxy network for internet connection... for that i set up my lan connection with some ip adress and dns server..... it is not connecting to pc with any ip address(my proxy ip and system ip and system name)..... i have turned on everything related to remote desktop..... any one please tell me how to connect to remote desktop in proxy network......???
Check firewall settings. Also turn off your antivirus and try again.

TopBanana83

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
That explains why I can not connect! I have a windows 8.1 tablet from acer. It does not have the pro or enterprise installed! I seen a comparison list from microsofts website that explains that just 8.1 can not host rdp sessions.

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I already set my modem port forwardings udp/tcp to 3389 and server ip address which is the ipv4 of my laptop.. Then I connect my phone using HSPA+ into the external IP address 125.xx.xxx.xx and the router but i am getting error 0x204 in Remote Desktop.
Connecting to the WAN ip address 10.x.xx.xx does not work.

But when I connect remote desktop of the phone into the same Home WiFi Network, I do not have any problem and I am able to make it work.

NOTE: I already turned off Firewall. The IP inside my Router is 10.x.xx.xx while in http://whatismyip.com is 125.xx.xxx.xxx

http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...uestion-about-remote-desktop.html#post2495724

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I already set my modem port forwardings udp/tcp to 3389 and server ip address which is the ipv4 of my laptop.. Then I connect my phone using HSPA+ into the external IP address 125.xx.xxx.xx and the router but i am getting error 0x204 in Remote Desktop.
Connecting to the WAN ip address 10.x.xx.xx does not work.

But when I connect remote desktop of the phone into the same Home WiFi Network, I do not have any problem and I am able to make it work.

NOTE: I already turned off Firewall. The IP inside my Router is 10.x.xx.xx while in http://whatismyip.com is 125.xx.xxx.xxx

http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...uestion-about-remote-desktop.html#post2495724
The router ip did not work for me. Go to Run. Type "cmd" . In the command prompt screen type "ipconfig" and find the line which says ipv4 address. that's the ip address

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire