How is the 8.1 experience on the SE?

sunny_E

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I picked up the Ativ SE the other day from verizon, really like the phone. Considering putting the 8.1 preview on it, but with all the bugs yet to be addressed by a firmware update I'm thinking about waiting. What if any bugs are present for the SE?

dabeast622

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Mine locks up about 2 times a day forcing me to do a soft reset ... somedays it doesn't happen at all though. Still haven't figured out whats causing it. Other than that ... I have had no other issues.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Mine locks up about 2 times a day forcing me to do a soft reset ... somedays it doesn't happen at all though. Still haven't figured out whats causing it. Other than that ... I have had no other issues.
That's good to hear. I haven't updated mine yet, though I know a dev who says it was super unstable, with the Camera app causing a device-reset, and general device freezes.

​Curious if anyone else has any other feedback before/if I pull the trigger.

dabeast622

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I really don't use the camera all that often, so I can't speak to that ... I have noticed most of my lock-ups either right after hanging up from a call, or when you go to unlock the phone ... it's almost like the touchscreen just completely stops responding. I have done two Hard Resets and it still happens. For now I just do the soft reset thang!!

dabeast622

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Pretty good actually .... I've been getting a good day and a half with fairly regular usage .... I charge it every night anyways, so as long as I can get through the day ... I'm a happy camper!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss