How to downgrade WP 8.1 to WP 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Download the ROM from somewhere on the internet since NSU doesn't let you download ROMs anymore using the usual methods and then you can flash it

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Go to the Nokia Lumia 920 forum, there should be sticky on top that shows how to flash using Nokia Software Updater. Use that as a baseline and you can start flashing. The change is, Nokia was allowing to download ROMs using NSU but now they have stopped doing that (last time i checked a few days ago). Because of that you would have to get the correct ROM for your device first from somewhere on the internet (XDA or here it self) and then flash using offline method in NSU

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I did it on an Icon and 928 this past Sunday night by downloading the Nokia Software Updater for Retail, plugging my phones in, and hitting "upgrade". It downloaded the ROM's for me, then flashed them. If Nokia shut down the ability to download roms (highly doubt that), then you are probably out of luck unless you can find another source.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
We don't know when the official update will come apart from it being sometime in the next few months - current rumours are 31st May.

What problem do you have with WP8.1 that makes you want to downgrade?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
The downgrade can be done if you manage to find the rom for your device... you haven't posted what device are you planning to downgrade?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Download the ROM and flash the device manually. Lots of tutorials on the forum .

P.S

With regard to battery life, have you tried a hard reset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720