onedrive sign out

ret18057

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Or wait, do you mean that you had signed in to your account in the onedrive app on her phone, and it cant sign out now from your account ?

Exactly...

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Or wait, do you mean that you had signed in to your account in the onedrive app on her phone, and it cant sign out now from your account ?

Exactly...

a reinstall of the app should fix it ! :)
If not (which is highly unlikely), then i can only suggest switching to a third party app..
But i dont see any reason for the app to remember your id once you reinstall it,

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if you know it but Microsoft is making a "new" ecosystem, Xbox One, Windows 8.x and Windows Phone 8.x, all woring togeter. All of them have a connection, Azure/the cloud, all of them needs the cloud to work.

In WP8.1 OneDrive is not only a service, OneDrive is a system service, it is the service where system backup is stored (your phone backup), where apps will save their data, that's why you can't sign out from the OneDrive app.

You can try with a third party app, that's the solution.

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if you know it but Microsoft is making a "new" ecosystem, Xbox One, Windows 8.x and Windows Phone 8.x, all woring togeter. All of them have a connection, Azure/the cloud, all of them needs the cloud to work.

In WP8.1 OneDrive is not only a service, OneDrive is a system service, it is the service where system backup is stored (your phone backup), where apps will save their data, that's why you can't sign out from the OneDrive app.

You can try with a third party app, that's the solution.
i know that obviously!
logically, it should use the master live id, not an id he signed in with a long time ago... Still, i haven't tested it out so cant say. If a reinstall doesn't work, then yes, third party is the only way.

isleidyll

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I have solved the mandatory nature of OneDrive by disabling it in the registry and deleting all my OneDrive files. I want a cloud storage solution which I am in charge of. I liked SkyDrive back when it was a downloadable desktop app but I don't want it crammed down my throat. I am using Google Drive and Dropbox so I can be in control. If I lose my phone the finder can open OneDrive and find nada. Anyway, I don't want all of my files on my phone. It makes me nervous.

fieldy coh

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
Yes, you can sign out of one drive in windows 10 or link it to a different account instead.
Step 6 is the most important do not skip any steps.

Step 1. in the lower right corner of the taskbar, next to the time, right click on one drive located in the notification area
Step 2. left click on the 'settings' option.
Step 3. left click on the settings TAB'
Step 4. Low and behold, the options to uncheck the 'start onedrive automatically when i start windows'
Step 5. The option to UNLINK OneDrive account
Step 6. Say thank you to me a dozen times for taking the time to help you out.

CainFortea

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
To point out something this poster missed, the option to unlink the account is in the account tab. NOt the settings tab. Settings tab is where you can keep onedrive from opening on startup.

rmbon

May 3, 2016
Visit site
I had this problem, too.
For me, I am logged into OneDrive at the office I work at, on one of the computers.
I won't be returning next year, so I didn't (and don't) want all of my personal things on that computer.
But, I FINALLY figured it out!
You click on "open", as if you were to open a new file, etc. Then go down to the "Account" button on the left hand side, and once you're there, you simply click the button that says 'remove' that is next to your OneDrive name.
I hope this helped!:smile:

thomasjohnlynch

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
looks like i am with you my little company (400,000 employees) uses office 365 and hence my corp email and id are the username and etc for OneDrive. My personal email and password and id have had a OneDrive cloud folder/storage for a few years. Want to share it onto my corp desktop/file system.......bzzzzt. no can do. looks like Google Drive is gonna get the job!

MS tries to lock you in......but now chasing me away. Goodbye Billy.
:winktongue:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz