onedrive sign out

ret18057

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I tried a search, how in THE Hell do you sign out of OneDrive?!? There is no "sign out" option anymore (8.1). I tried logging in through IE, and in the browser, I can see the account I want to use...I can't even uninstall the app now!

Any ideas?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
You can not sign out of Microsoft services. They are linked with your Microsoft id. Its a one time sign in for apps (similar to what we have in windows 8.1 )

VegaNovus

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Want to re-open this thread.

This is a very serious problem.

My personal live account has my Xbox Live profile, my Xbox Music, all my rented movies etc and my OneDrive.

However my company has just moved to Office 365 so I have my work account set up on my phone too, however, from the OneDrive app, I cannot see my "Company" OneDrive.

If I open the Office Hub, I can see my "Company" OneDrive and amend documents in there, but I can't put new documents there.

HUGE flaw in the whole idea here. . .

ret18057

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site

My personal live account has my Xbox Live profile, my Xbox Music, all my rented movies etc and my OneDrive.

However my company has just moved to Office 365 so I have my work account set up on my phone too, however, from the OneDrive app, I cannot see my "Company" OneDrive.

If I open the Office Hub, I can see my "Company" OneDrive and amend documents in there, but I can't put new documents there.

Exactly...my bride's Icon is linked to her account, but when we installed SkyDrive, we linked it (SkyDrive, just SkyDrive) to the family account. Now she needs to start using it for work, and there does not seem to be a way to associate the app OneDrive with HER live.com ID. I have signed in and out of the browser, and can see her files there, but not in the app.

Yangstax

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I would feel extremely uncomfortable with OneDrive open without signing out. If I misplace or lose the phone, all the critical information on OneDrive is exposed. I always sign out OneDrive as a habit. I could do that before WP8.1.

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site

Share your documents folders (your company OneDrive) with your personal Onedrive, and you can see/access that information.

Or use OneDrive for business.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
So, if I hard reset the phone, maybe then?!? that's what it's come to?

Just like Xbox Music and Xbox Video are linked to your Microsoft account, so is OneDrive. You simply can't do anything about it, even by hard resetting. It will always be linked to the dominant MS account on the phone. It is no longer an app per se, it's now built in

ret18057

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Just like Xbox Music and Xbox Video are linked to your Microsoft account, so is OneDrive. You simply can't do anything about it, even by hard resetting. It will always be linked to the dominant MS account on the phone. It is no longer an app per se, it's now built in

Right, but if I make the default account HER account, it will associate with her OneDrive, yes?

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Right, but if I make the default account HER account, it will associate with her OneDrive, yes?

you wouldn't want to do that. That would mean that instead of your contacts, you'd see her contacts in the people hub, her text messages would sync to your phone, and a hell lot of problems.
I have a better idea, use some other app for onedrive, or use it via browser.
Rudy huyn is making a cloudsix for onedrive app, you'll enjoy it when it comes, till then use some other app for onedrive.
P.s. Cloudsix supports password protection for the app, so the guy fearing data falling into wrong hands should also be happy.
Have a nice day ! :)

muvig

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Since I had some photos that I didn't want whoever I give my phone to see, I am now forced to remove them from OneDrive.
I think there must be some way of locking it rather that just leaving it accessible that easily

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Since I had some photos that I didn't want whoever I give my phone to see, I am now forced to remove them from OneDrive.
I think there must be some way of locking it rather that just leaving it accessible that easily

you have a way ! Boxcryptor ! It can encrypt files on cloud storages like onedrive.
The other way is to use dropbox for now, and use rudy's cloudsix app for it. It allows you to put a pin for the app, so that you cant view the files unless you enter the pin.
You always have options :smile:

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Just don't give them your phone then. It always showed OneDrive photos in the Photos hub/app since 8.0 AFAIK. Maybe even before then

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
If you don't want some pictures on Onedrive to shown on Pictures hub don't save it on the pictures folder on Onedrve.

Open OneDrive on Internet Explorer, create a new folder, open the properties (it is on the right) and change the folder type from pictures to documents, and save the pictures that you don't want to show here.

Sent from my RM-820_lta_lta1_272 using Tapatalk

ret18057

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
you wouldn't want to do that. That would mean that instead of your contacts, you'd see her contacts in the people hub, her text messages would sync to your phone, and a hell lot of problems.
I have a better idea, use some other app for onedrive, or use it via browser.
Rudy huyn is making a cloudsix for onedrive app, you'll enjoy it when it comes, till then use some other app for onedrive.
P.s. Cloudsix supports password protection for the app, so the guy fearing data falling into wrong hands should also be happy.
Have a nice day ! :)

Sorry, I haven't explained this very well...It's her phone, with her account. I just used my OneDrive when we set it up, she didn't use hers, and we wanted to share pictures...

Now, she is going to start using hers for work, and wants to access her own OneDrive account.

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, I haven't explained this very well...It's her phone, with her account. I just used my OneDrive when we set it up, she didn't use hers, and we wanted to share pictures...

Now, she is going to start using hers for work, and wants to access her own OneDrive account.

simple then, you install cloudsix on your phone, turn on auto camera roll sync, and tell her to install it too and then you can share pics via dropbox :)
Or otherwise, keep using onedrive but tell her to use a third party alternative to onedrive app.

Or wait, do you mean that you had signed in to your account in the onedrive app on her phone, and it cant sign out now from your account ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium