Lumia 925 headphone became one sided with WP8.1

Yasir Sheriffdeen

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
After the WP8.1 update, I'm getting sound from only one side of the headphone. No issue with the headphone as when I connect to PC both sides work perfectly. Anyone seeing this symptom?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes , to solve this do a soft reset by holding volume down + lock button at the same time until your phone vibrates and reboots itself. I had to do soft reset 2 times and the issues was resolved. This won't erase any of your data :smile:

weddi_eddy

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I've experienced this as well. I've tweeted to Windows Phone Support on twitter about this. They told me to respond to social.msdn.microsoft.com so I did. This can be found at Bug Lumia 925 + WP 8.1 Dev Preview.

I've found that a normal reboot (holding power button swipe) will fix this too. The hard reboot works as well. What seems to cause it is certain notifications. I kept having the problem after a reboot because an existing SMS message would appear and cause the issue again. Once I deleted the SMS message, no more notification on reboot and thus the issue was fixed for a while.

Panda EXE

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
This issue seems to happen on both the Lumia 920 and 925. There is no permanent fix, but it can be pinpointed to the notification sounds during playback of audio (regardless of source). It's more common with SMS notifications for some reason, though. As has been mentioned already, a reboot and a soft reset are the only fixes, but are only temporary until it happens again. I haven't the chance to test it, but I think it happens with notification sounds that are of a certain file type (I'm using MP3) or length.

coolraoul

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Very annoying bug, as I use my headphones a lot to listen to music with my 920... Having to reboot because of it all the time is a pain.

rugsyj

May 3, 2014
Visit site
This happened to me as well when i received a phone call and then it ended and my music was one sided. I'm sure they will get this fixed in the final release. I feel like i remember this happening in another version.

Jordano

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
It actually happens whenever you leave your headphones plugged in and let the notifications sound turned on. Once you receive a notification, the sound of one side of the headphone will be gone...it happened to me a couple of times, and is always the right side that is muted. The first time was some email and the second was a WhatsApp.

Seems to be general, judging by your posts. Hopefully the Lumia Cyan will bring things back to normal.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I've run into this issue with my 925 since updating it to 8.1 as well. I find that rebooting the phone fixes the problem. It doesn't happen on my 810 that's also running 8.1.

Jordano

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Here's an interesting discovery: I ran into this issue again, but instead of rebooting the phone to set things right, I simply kept my 925 as it was, no reboots. A few hours later I picked up my headphones and tested them again and, surprise!, they were working normally.

Of course it's inconvenient and most of the times you'll want to reboot your phone in order to keep listening properly through your headphones. But, seems that a little rest also brings the 925 back to normal in this specific case.

eMike

May 9, 2013
Visit site
It actually happens whenever you leave your headphones plugged in and let the notifications sound turned on. Once you receive a notification, the sound of one side of the headphone will be gone...it happened to me a couple of times, and is always the right side that is muted.
Same here. (Lumia 820)

Sudhindra Hebbar R

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
For me also... only Left side sound is coming.. but in right side i cont hear any thing After Install Windows Cyan update...... please help me:cry:

Last edited:

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Try NOT using the Xbox player for a day and see if that helps. I had the same problem with the DP on 8.0 and 8.1 when using the Music player. Using Nokia Mix I don't have the issue. If I get the issue in Music, it will carry over to other Apps.

Try a clean boot an use only Nokia Mix to play back. See if it works for you.

Gamely Lounges

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Me too. So frustrating that my phone FAILS at being a phone. If I can't make clear phone calls using headphone then my 920 is absolutely useless to me.

There are tons of threads here and on MSDN.Microsoft.com and for some reason all the Microsoft threads get locked down.

SOOOO FRUSTRATING. I like my windows phone but am being forced to use a different crap-phone because of this bug.

Is there any change? Have the "official" updates done anything to fix this issue?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon