8.1 Developer Preview Everything Music Thread

Localhorst86

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I suggest all you guys to mass-delete the XBOX Music and mass-download Music Hub Tile. It's your old music player and works splendid...been using it for 2 days ..

Sent from iCeborg's iPad.

There's two problems with that.

1. You can not uninstall XBM. Not via press and hold, not via the date trick.

2. Bringing up the volume controls and tapping the song title will launch the new XBM instead of the old Music hub again. For a lot of people, this is how they launch their music app during playback.

kjsooraj

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Xbox music app8.1

Compared to the music player that was present in WP8, the new Xbox music app in WP8.1 offers limited functionality as well as aesthetic appearance. Complete song list doesnot appear while playing. Bugs while playing a selected song from playlist. Lack of live tile.
All in all, the app needs lots of improvement, even though 3 or 4 updates are already out.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site

It works. It has playlist management, which the previous music app did not.

The thing that boggles me is why people think it's so important. Xbox music, the previous music app; they're just interfaces to the internal music payback system.

There are hundreds of other such interfaces in the app store.
Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Tapatalk

anon(8938849)

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site

I didn't even use the old one as I updated my Lumia out of the box. But I'm coming from Android and Xbox music, as a player and a subscription service, is leagues above Google play music. More functionality and far less bugs.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Improving, has more features at this point, but still doesn't have that fluidity of the old app that I highly value.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Definitely getting better. Give them more time and hopefully it'll turn into a valued app.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes. Exactly...can't believe this is a DEFAULT Windows Phone app...someone please pinch me..

Sent from iCeborg's iPad.

Why did you have your phone switched off, did you do it that way to exaggerate the problem?

I have been using just Xbox music for the last week(before I was using Nokia radio mix) and I have nearly 90gb of music on my sd card and I have no problems using it.

cherone21

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site

Broken on the surface. Streaming service is choppy. Love it on the phone.
Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I need several thing to make XBox Music service awesome:

* built-in playlists for common thing like Recently Played(Artist, Album, Song), Recently Added(Artist, Album, Song)
* music locker like Google Play Music has(even will upload songs that don't exist in their library)
* speed, speed, speed. Take a look at the "Listen Now" area of Google's Music app. They limit the area to about 40 albums and make you navigate beyond that. Also please cache meta-data instead of pulling it every single time.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Why did you have your phone switched off, did you do it that way to exaggerate the problem?

I have been using just Xbox music for the last week(before I was using Nokia radio mix) and I have nearly 90gb of music on my sd card and I have no problems using it.
Firstly, that's not my video.. It's some guy here on WPC who did all of us this huge favor of capturing this piece of (u know the word) live in action..
Secondly, if you don't have issues with XBM, you are one of those lucky people who need to buy some lottery ASAP..

Coded from my Clover Trail+ Machine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb