8.1 Developer Preview Everything Music Thread

Sourav Ghatak

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
So, while the old music hub wasn't perfect, but at least it worked properly. The new hub crashes most of the time and when it doesn't it seems to not find newly added music on my phone or at least takes days to find it (you heard right, I added a song yesterday morning and it just showed up this afternoon.).

But my biggest gripe is that I can no longer queue songs. I usually just hit the "shuffle" button to listen to my music. When I decide to listen to a specific song I used to just open the app, keep my finger on the song and select "add to current playlist". It would then queue the song next on line and keep on with the shuffle afterwards. Either I am doing something wrong or this is no longer working. When I add a song, it gets added to the playlist at the very end. I can't even go to the "edit playlist" mode (which is really the only improvement over the old hub) and move the song up to be next cause the playlist is not saved. So, right now I have to stop the current playback or just start playing the song instantly, which results in only that song playing, I'd have to restart shuffle afterwards.

Please tell me I'm just missing something...

You are right about not being able to edit a playlist. Also if I want to add new songs to currently playing playlist, I have to add the songs to NOW PLAYING and save it under a different name. Otherwise the new songs won't get added. This is annoying, every time some new songs have to be added while playing a playlist, I have to change the name of the playlist.

Rahul D1

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
hi guys
i am from india and using wp8.1 on my lumia 920
problem i m facing is that i m not receiveing update for xbox music app
when i open it on app store it says
this app is not available for your device
can anyone help me how to update it ..........

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
hi guys
i am from india and using wp8.1 on my lumia 920
problem i m facing is that i m not receiveing update for xbox music app
when i open it on app store it says
this app is not available for your device
can anyone help me how to update it ..........

I guess this error is due to xbox services are not available in india change your region to US and try to update.

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to pay for music using your Microsoft account balance? The only option the app gives is by card, yet the default on W8 is my Microsoft account. To purchase I have to go onto my laptop, buy it there and then sync it to my phone. Or is there a way around this?!

fallback

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Is it just me or does any of you have had issues with music transition having a 1 second off beat cracking sound at the end of a music before switching to the next song?

agd87

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone got issues with scrolling in the new app? If I scroll through my playlists too fast it becomes very glitchy.

kb4000

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I have the scrolling issue too. I don't have the crackle issue though. Cloud collection is driving me crazy. It's 100% useless. If you're an Xbox music subscriber you can stream anything so why have it? If you're not a subscriber it only plays 30 seconds. I hate it. I turned everything off on my phone so it's not on the list. But if I tell Cortana to shuffle my music it plays cloud collection previews. Any ideas to make that not happen?

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
I have the scrolling issue too. I don't have the crackle issue though. Cloud collection is driving me crazy. It's 100% useless. If you're an Xbox music subscriber you can stream anything so why have it? If you're not a subscriber it only plays 30 seconds. I hate it. I turned everything off on my phone so it's not on the list. But if I tell Cortana to shuffle my music it plays cloud collection previews. Any ideas to make that not happen?

Nope. The cloud collection is such a nuisance for me...

Tip...if you reset your phone and not open the new music app at all, it wont sync your cloud collection...thus making it a decent playing experience for the old music app.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So the XBox Music team has finally added hi-speed scrubbing via progress bar! It only took 3.5 years, good going lads. Now please add track numbering and lower the font size.

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
So the XBox Music team has finally added hi-speed scrubbing via progress bar! It only took 3.5 years, good going lads. Now please add track numbering and lower the font size.

Thanks- I thought I was the only one missing track numbering. I can't stand not seeing song track numbers next to the songs that are listed under the albums.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
According to Paul Thurott we can expect the following improvements in the coming weeks:

http://winsupersite.com/windows-phone/xbox-music-windows-phone-81-gets-another-update

Continued focus on stability and performance improvements.
- Initial sync of local and cloud content happens in the background.
- Usability improvements in Now Playing screen.
- Support for greater than 100 songs in Now Playing queue.
- Faster loading of long lists.
- Swipe gesture to advance songs on Now Playing screen.
- Transparent Tile support.
- Live Tile support.
- Design and layout changes to get you to your content faster.
- Kid's Corner support.
- General UX improvements.

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Did anyone solve the artwork problem? I kinda solved it and it works awesome now. Use Music app on Windows 8.1 to sync the songs to the cloud and put that songs on your phone aswell then sync with Xbox Music on phone. It worked for me.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
The Xbox Music app doesn't play all the songs. For example, there's one artists I usually just play all his catalogue on random by but the app only concentrates on three albums on maybe ten.

Because of that, I'm using the Music Hub Tile because the old Music Hub didn't have that problem.

The app is updated and I waited for the music collection to update.

Thanks

Edit: I just read that the latest update had "Support for greater than 100 songs in Now Playing queue". First I didn't that there was a limit (which sucks) but if now there's no more 100 song limit, what is the new limit?

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
OK I think I found my answer. The 100 song limit is still there. It will be removed in upcoming updates but no date has been set:

Some things to look forward to in future releases:

• Continued focus on stability and performance improvements.
  • Initial sync of local and cloud content happens in the background.
  • Usability improvements in Now Playing screen.
  • Support for greater than 100 songs in Now Playing queue.
  • Faster loading of long lists.
  • Swipe gesture to advance songs on Now Playing screen.
  • Transparent Tile support.
  • Live Tile support.
  • Design and layout changes to get you to your content faster.
  • Kid’s Corner support.
  • General UX improvements.

Xbox Music on Windows Phone 8.1 Update Now Available | 5/9/14 – Xbox Music Suggestion Box

haikallp

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
Improvements I Want:
1) Live Tile support (ala WP8)
2) Transparent tile support
3) Faster loading time
4) Reduce the 'Xbox Music' font like that in the 'People', 'Xbox Games and Podcast' apps.
5) Swipe to change songs
6) Larger album art in the Now Playing screen
7) Equalizer

Come on Microsoft, this are simple things, nothing new.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans