Runtastic HRM with WP8.1?

Sparkron

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, I've been trying to find a definitive answer on whether the runtastic HRM (heart rate monitor) will work with WP8.1.

As far as I can tell, my Lumia 1020 running WP8.1 doesn't support Bluetooth 4, so ill need the HRM model with the Bluetooth receiver. That's fine, but on the website it only says its compatible with WP7.5

Has anyone tested it with 8.1, or can anyone confirm any other HRM's that will work with runtastic on WP8.1?

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
This article from Microsoft references WP 8 only having Bluetooth 3.1 support, ands its dates this month.

Maybe they received certification approval for BT4 but haven't enabled it yet.

Edit:
This WPC article says we do currently have 4.0 LE

http://m.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-81-goes-through-certification-bluetooth-40

So the last piece of info I need is, is the runtastic Bluetooth HRM compatible with WP 8.1 :)

But Nokia Lumia devices got Bluetooth LE with Black, and he's got a Lumia.

Sent from my Xbox One using Tapatalk

salvation.tower

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
you can use a BT HRM with 8.1 but it appear you need the app to support it... the only app I have found is the Adidas Micoach. I logged a ticket with Runtastic and they replied advising that it is not supported as yet... so maybe it will be supported at a later date.

solidsnakejv

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
you can use a BT HRM with 8.1 but it appear you need the app to support it... the only app I have found is the Adidas Micoach. I logged a ticket with Runtastic and they replied advising that it is not supported as yet... so maybe it will be supported at a later date.

What HRM are you using? I have a polar H7 and the Adidas miCoach app is the only one that recognizes it; however, since updating to 8.1, the GPS and HRM lose connection under the lockscreen.

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I have this one:
Amazon.com: Zephyr HxM Bluetooth Wireless Heart Rate Sensor for Android and Windows Phone 8: Health & Personal Care

It works with "Caledos Runner." Caledos Runner is a free app, but you need to pay for the heart rate monitor support. That being said, I don't use it anymore. The app does work as advertised. It uses Run Keeper to store the activities. The problem is that it doesn't store the heart rate correctly. On Run Keeper's website, instead of seeing my heart rate changes during my activity, it just shows it as a constant straight line. I contacted the Caledos developer. He told me that the problem is on Run Keeper's side so there's nothing he can do.

Anete IR TE

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
Hello, there! I just checked my belt with the dongle on my LUMIA 1020 and was soooo pleased that it does work(for Runtastic app)! I even wrote a msg to runtastic team to ask about that, and the answer was no, but I still tried!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes