Office Remote..anyone get it working?

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I have a Nokia 520 upgraded to 8.1 preview...

Office Remote app will not connect to my laptop.

I am using Bluetooth 4.0 and office 2013...downloaded both the app and the add-in for office.

Phone sees my laptop over bluetooth but when i try to connect to and open office document after pressing office remote it always says "cannot connect' it trys for about 30 seconds I see the bluetooth flashing as if data is flowing then fails.

Any ideas on how to get this app to work? I would really like to try it out as I do presentations a lot.

BTW I did the HARD RESET also.

Thanks.

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I believe I've read somewhere that it's best to disable any other connection methods (or just WiFi?) when trying to connect via BT for the first time ...

BTW, it does work for me :)

AndrewMBaines

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Works for me too, but I did have loads of problems getting the BT connection to work in the first place. I think shouting loudly for long periods did the trick.

Worth persevering though.

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I just want to make sure its not a Nokia 520 less 512K ram issue

I tried the connecting Bluetooth as only connection... the phone and the Vaio connect and pair. It even opens up the music player on the laptop and then says no stereo connection available. In Office remote app it sees the Vaio. I go into an office document and click Turn on office remote then try to connect. It tries than says unable to connect.

So i have tried re-installing both the app and the program and re-pairing the phone to the laptop. Seems to me something is not allowing the connection. I even turned on and off the Bluetooth service on the laptop.I am using an external BT4.0 dongle.

In Office 2013 the Office remote tab seems janky... when I click turn on I see the windows circle for a sec than nothing...if I go back in to the tab it asks again to turn on? It almost seems like the office remote tab in office is not setting to allow a connection?

Its frustrating becuse its unclear if its the phone or the remote tab... any other advice?

Last edited:

aglio

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
hi,
I have the same problem with my L925. It connects to the klaptop as a music device and nothing else. tried also reinstalling both app and add-on, but did not help. Tried also to hotfix the bluetooth on the laptop, no result. using windows 7 home premium, and built in bluetooth on laptop. ANy kind of idea is good to try out.
aglio

mattdreed

Mar 15, 2008
Visit site
I have a 520 running preview, Office remote works for me using Office 2013 on both a laptop and old HP netbook. I did not run into any issues other than it taking a while for the netbook to load the winphone driver. The 512MB RAM does not seem to be an issue.
This said, the phone doesn't actually look like its connected via Bluetooth in the device settings (on phone or computer). But, when I turn on Office remote on the computer and then open office remote on the phone, the phone does connect with no problem.
My only input would be to turn office remote on on your computer first, without any prior connection to your phone, then open the phone app. That's at least the order I use. The other thing would be sure that the app on your computer is the latest. There was an update about a month ago.

Joshwin

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
hi,
I have the same problem with my L925. It connects to the klaptop as a music device and nothing else. tried also reinstalling both app and add-on, but did not help. Tried also to hotfix the bluetooth on the laptop, no result. using windows 7 home premium, and built in bluetooth on laptop. ANy kind of idea is good to try out.
aglio

I think Office remote will work only on win8/8.1 PCs not win7.then again i may be wrong.

Parag Srivastav

May 17, 2015
Visit site
i have installed office remote on my pc....it shows me a tab when i open a word file....and works fine for word too...but when i open a powerpoint file ( for which i got the office remote) it dosent give me a office remote tab..neither does it show the file as being open in the phone app ....help please

d8b8

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
1. make sure you are running nothing lower than MS office 2013
2. click file>options>Add-Ins
3. on the Add-ins window check if MS Office Remote is under Inactive Application Add-ins
4. If yes, click MS Office Remote Support for Powerpoint and click Go... on the bottom part of the screen.
5.Another window will come out and check the MS Office Remote Support for Powerpoint add-in
6. Click OK
7. That's it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon