my friend is getting "SPAM CALL" on WP8.1

qudahamohammad

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
my friend has a Lumia 620 with Windows Phone 8.1 downloaded and she encountered a problem where a lot of contacts have a "SPAM CALL" and a "ban" sign as their photo. It all happened after she downloaded TrueCaller if that is linked, here are some screenshots:
sr4CPGp.jpg

g4K1W27.jpg

AIyI1Qe.jpg

4LFjIvd.jpg

beYQjEC.jpg

Cs1fnRG.jpg

Xi09DO2.jpg

it also appears in her whatsapp, what can be done to help her? thanks in advance.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Remove Truecaller and see what happens - as for the duplicates, they will appear in her Whatsapp because it uses numbers from the phonebook, so any numbers in there will be duplicated in Whatsapp's favourite list if that number is also connected to Whatsapp.

Have you had a look at the call+sms block option in Settings? That can block calls and texts - silently if need be. And it's part of the OS. Personally I don't see the point in using an app (such as Truecaller) that duplicates functionality already in the OS, more so if you have to pay for it.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
This happens when you block a contact in Truecaller. Have your friend unblock those contacts from trucaller. I had faced the same issue after installing latest update from Trucaller.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
This happened all after the recent true caller update , if you enable advanced search and call filter ,truecaller will gain access to your phone directory (people hub ) it would save some spam calls entry , here is the screenshot wp_ss_20140531_0001.png
wp_ss_20140531_0002.png
wp_ss_20140531_0003.png
wp_ss_20140531_0004.png
what I did was first of turn of advanced search and call filter from truecaller settings and then I have to manually delete these spam contacts added :cry:

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
why you would install truecaller if nokia give you a call+sms blocker app in setting?

truecaller save the contact it has downloaded (if enhanced search is on) and you added so that it will allow to use VoIP when they give you a call

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
why you would install truecaller if nokia give you a call+sms blocker app in setting?

truecaller save the contact it has downloaded (if enhanced search is on) and you added so that it will allow to use VoIP when they give you a call

call+sms blocker does not provide details of caller :p (That's why they use it)

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
If you go into the app itself and into the blocked sms/call it shows you the phone number that attempted to call, if it hasn't been witheld.

Does it show name of the caller(If its not on your contact list)? Does it show the address of the caller?
Answer is NO
That's what I meant ;-)

Prahlad Mukhiya

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi
I faced the same problem with my nokia Lumia 820 phone. Suddenly many "SPAM CALL..." contact added in my people's list and after deleting these contact apperars again and again. Finally i noticed these contact list is added after installing app named "truecaller".
So, the solution is....
1. Click "people" (here you can see your all contacts)
2. Click on option button (three dots in right bottom corner)
3. Click on "setting"
4. Click on "filter my contact list"
5. Then, untick "Truecaller"
6. Click on ok sign botton
Your done, now there is no irritating spam contact

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon