How to delete a reminder

levalencia

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Last wednesday, I created a reminder with Cortana like this: Cortana, remind me to watch fox at 9pm.
Reminder set all well.

After 3 days, I still see the reminder on my lock screen,but I cant find it on the calendar, how can I get rid of this?

thanks

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
nop, the task list is empty
Launch Cortana (using the pinned tile or directly from the app list). Now tap the icon on the very top right (three lines). Next tap "remind me". You should see the reminder in question right in this list. Tap and hold that reminder and choose "delete". "Complete" should work as well.

I assume you've set it to be a reocurring event, which is way it's still displayed on your lockscreen.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I deleted all reminders from Cortana, my wash fox reminder is still on my lock screen :(

I've had this happening on my 1020, which was showing a holiday that was already a couple of days past. Rebooting the device fixed that for me. You might wanna give it a shot.

jjacksosiris

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
Launch Cortana (using the pinned tile or directly from the app list). Now tap the icon on the very top right (three lines). Next tap "remind me". You should see the reminder in question right in this list. Tap and hold that reminder and choose "delete". "Complete" should work as well.

I assume you've set it to be a reocurring event, which is way it's still displayed on your lockscreen.

Old thread, but still relevant - so thanks dKp1977 - first site I went on lookng for the solution and noticed your solution, followed the simple instructions and was able to view to manage any and all reminders set.

I look forward to seeing how Microsoft builds on Cortana -- saying that, I'd have waited a bit longer, in order for Microsoft to fully prepare their newest features, like Cortana, and their new Microsoft Edge which I can see a lot of potential with the browser, only if they had actually finished it pror to releasing W10, as extensions such as Symantec's Norton Security toolbar & vault which I use on IE, Chrome & Firefox.

Anyway, sorry for going off topic. Again dKp1977, thank you for providing the solution to everyone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6