What happens to apps on SD card when device is hard reset?

ahmedromeo520

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi
i want to know what is happen to apps which stored on SD card when i reset my phone ... does it delete or not?
and if not, why it make me restore my backup and all apps begin to download again ?

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
but when you open storage sense then other storage , you can read this " ...... you can try connecting your phone with computer and managing them " ?!

Other storage includes files not recognised by the phone. That is why they suggest connecting your phone to the computer to manage them. System files are still going to be unaccessible.

You can use the official Files app, and manage files on the microSD card as effectively as through your computer.

ahmedromeo520

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Other storage includes files not recognised by the phone. That is why they suggest connecting your phone to the computer to manage them. System files are still going to be unaccessible.

You can use the official Files app, and manage files on the microSD card as effectively as through your computer.

i know that i can't access system files .. but also i cannot access to other storage from files app ... others takes over 400 mb from my SD card and i cannot delete them or manage them?!

kishorekumar_a

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
i know that i can't access system files .. but also i cannot access to other storage from files app ... others takes over 400 mb from my SD card and i cannot delete them or manage them?!

It does not matter if you remove SD card or not, because hard reset does not delete files from SD card even if it is inserted. However the encryption key changes after hard reset and hence the OS will identify apps from SD card as if they are from a different phone. The only option you will get is to remove the app data from the SD Card and begin anew.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett