Is it possible to update windows phone 8.1 through 3G mobile network

Akshansh Bhura

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
I want to update my lumia 525 to Windows Phone 8.1 but the problem is that there is no wifi network with me so is there any method to download it over 3G mobile network. How much time will it take to update. Guyzzz please help

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
You can use another phone as your wifi hotspot if you have one available. That's the only way to do it.

It's not a small update but I can't remember how big it was so it will take some time and preferably a good connection the whole time otherwise you'll have to start again.

mikey2toes

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes you can update over mobile data. It depends on you data package as it may eat your allowance. It asks if you want to update over 3g or wait for WiFi.

desitunez

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I want to update my lumia 525 to Windows Phone 8.1 but the problem is that there is no wifi network with me so is there any method to download it over 3G mobile network. How much time will it take to update. Guyzzz please help

Its approx 800 - 900 MB , use hotstop or goto some cafe with free wifi :).

Akshansh Bhura

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
I got a well working WiFi network but when i was downloading updates it stuck on 75% then stopped downloading updates then I retried it again stuck on 42%what to guys to update it smoothly

pahutakz

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
you can download via cellular. If your carrier have a bandwidth cap then try to connect someone have a wifi

. Net & Web dev. AMA

Amir Ameri

May 28, 2016
Visit site
Re: Is it possible to update windows phone 10 through 3G mobile network

I want to update my lumia 525 to Windows Phone 10 but the problem is that there is no wifi network with me so is there any method to download it over 3G mobile network. How much time will it take to update. Guyzzz please help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos