Hard Reset: Where are the apps? Where are the Preferences?

streifenleopard

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
due to ongoing problems with XBM plus one of my email addresses not working I decided for a hard reset of my lumia.
I saved everything into the cloud, did the hard reset and now there is:
no apps incl. no Nokia MixRadio, no Here Maps. Obviously my apps were completely ignored and I got bloatware like "The World of Red Bull"
no fotos.
no start screen.
no email accounts.
no short messages.
WHERE IS IT?
(The only thing to have synced are the contacts and the calendar)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
When you say you saved everything to the cloud, you mean you used the backup system on WP8.1?

Did you try to restore by 3G?

For you to restore everything as before you need to use the same account you used before.

To see if you have any backups you can goto - Setttings -> Backup -> Manage backups

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
due to ongoing problems with XBM plus one of my email addresses not working I decided for a hard reset of my lumia.
I saved everything into the cloud, did the hard reset and now there is:
no apps incl. no Nokia MixRadio, no Here Maps. Obviously my apps were completely ignored and I got bloatware like "The World of Red Bull"
no fotos.
no start screen.
no email accounts.
no short messages.
WHERE IS IT?
(The only thing to have synced are the contacts and the calendar)
Hard reset? Did you simply hardreset or did you downgrade to 8.0?
If it was just a hard reset, selecting a backup should have restored everything. The bloatware already exists on the ROM btw

streifenleopard

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I did use W8.1's back up system, then I restored using wlan and the same account.
Under settings / backup I can now see that that backup for apps and settings is switched on while sms and foto backup is switched off. (I had it switched on though.) No information on existing backups is visible. (But there must have been one as my contacts had been restored.) OneDrive on my PC shows me yesterday's backup...

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I did use W8.1's back up system, then I restored using wlan and the same account.
Under settings / backup I can now see that that backup for apps and settings is switched on while sms and foto backup is switched off. (I had it switched on though.) No information on existing backups is visible. (But there must have been one as my contacts had been restored.) OneDrive on my PC shows me yesterday's backup...
Same Os or did you downgrade?
Your best option is to hard reset and then try to restore again

herbertsnow

Banned
Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I hard reset my phone yesterday. And now it won't show my purchased apps. I think something is wrong with the store. Had to restore my apps from the windows phone website.

streifenleopard

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
okay,
i have backed up the settings etc to the cloud yesterday. Today I went to settings / info / reset device (whatever it is called in English), confirmed twice and then the resetting process started.
Upon completion the setup proces started. It asked for my sim-PIN, then for the wlan key, then for my ms account details, all of which I entered. Then it told me to wait for a while and it powered up to a fresh startscreen.
It's like before: the contacts and the calendars are there but that's about it.
Then it asked for about 20 apps to be updated, in fact most of the standard stuff - e.g. Xbox music or Nokia Mix Radio - interestingly, before the update, I had Nokia Music. But under setting it states Windows Phone 8.1. and Nokia Lumia Black.
I had (and still have) an issue concerning APN connectivity because I don't know what to enter as I can't locate the information right now. But this should not have anything to do with the resetting process.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Hold up. There's a step missing there. When you enter in your MS account it should ask you about restoring your backups. Then you pick a backup and it says something to the effect of, this will take a while.
Nokia Music is easy to explain, its baked into the ROM as Nokia Music and needs to be updated to become MixRadio

streifenleopard

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
What I don't mind: photos (don't have many), messages (not important), ebay account etc. (anno
What I do mind: settings for the keyboard, the dictionary app that came with the phone and which is Eur 60 in the store, Here Maps and Drive history,

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
What I don't mind: photos (don't have many), messages (not important), ebay account etc. (anno
What I do mind: settings for the keyboard, the dictionary app that came with the phone and which is Eur 60 in the store, Here Maps and Drive history,

So this is important. Did you follow the recommended setup pattern and select a back up to be restored

streifenleopard

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
When you enter in your MS account it should ask you about restoring your backups.

I can't quite remember but, assuming I have been asked, I am sure I have confirmed this step. What else would I do? On the other hand I am still intrigued by the fact that the backup is nowhere to be seen on my phonne but still there on my OneDrive in my browser.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon