Am I the only one having problems with IE11?

linking1990

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Dear fellas,

I am a follower for a lot of posts by our respected community, but there are a few people that are talking about problems regarding Internet Explorer 11.

I have 5 main gripes, one of them is catastrophic, and it's bugging me not to find much people to talk about them. So this post is about acknowledging some problems in hopes of them getting fixed soon enough:

1- The back button/Swipe for getting to the previous page seems to be broken. When ever I use the swipe to get back to the previous web page I encounter it reverting to an older one than what it's supposed to. For instance, if you open WPCentral, press on an article, then after finishing use the the swipe back to get to the home page, it goes back to an older open web page (not the home page of WPCentral).

2- The navigation bar never disappears when scrolling, and there is no way to auto hide it.

3- Blank spaces when scrolling, and I am using the latest of the latest (Lumia 1520). Users must know that running IE on a Lumia 2520 which has the same processor doesn't have this problem. Heck, my older HTC Titan was faster in this regard.

4- After the 8.1 update on the 1520, fonts seem to be much much smaller in full websites. It was much better before this update.

5- Opening up a new tab then after done with it and pressing the back button to return to the original, if this operation took sometime this will make the original reload. Also, it doesn't close the new opened tab.

So is it just me that is having those issues?

Waiting for your comments. :)

Edit: the 5th problem was added later.

Last edited:

Connor Price

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I too have noticed some of these. The swiping to go to a previous page is exactly how you've explained, and the text is smaller. I've not really noticed the blank spaces while scrolling though, and I'm on an older Lumia 820. I agree that the fixed navigation bar is annoying. I'd rather it slide out of the way when scrolling and staying still on a page.

linking1990

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Thank you everyone for your comments.

I guess we can agree on most of the things I pointed out to a certain level.

Regarding the new much smaller fonts, I think it's best if they could give users the ability to change that to what you prefer. I have a full HD, 6" screen which I can barely read from on full websites,and believe me I prefer smaller fonts, but not this small.

For the navigation bar, there should be an option to auto hide it. When using IE in landscape, this eats up lots of screen real estate.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
linking1990, thanks for all this!

Regarding your point #4 above, is the font size issue something you've noticed across most websites you visit, or just WPCentral alone?

Keep providing details in this thread. Tech has/is working to make IE11 a better experience, but we can't do it without your help.

linking1990

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
linking1990, thanks for all this!

Regarding your point #4 above, is the font size issue something you've noticed across most websites you visit, or just WPCentral alone?

Keep providing details in this thread. Tech has/is working to make IE11 a better experience, but we can't do it without your help.

I think the small font problem is there running any full website on my Lumia 1520. I am not sure that is because of the 1080p screen, but this wasn't an issue on 8.0.

I didn't understand the second part though, who is Tech?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I think the small font problem is there running any full website on my Lumia 1520. I am not sure that is because of the 1080p screen, but this wasn't an issue on 8.0.

I didn't understand the second part though, who is Tech?
It's something that I notice on my phone as well, and I have a 630.

The (body) text is almost downright unreadable. Only the title text is readable, to a certain extent. (All this is without zooming in, of course.)

Ben Hanchett

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I have a 1520 as well. I have the back button issue. I also have the swipe issue, but even when it works to me it seems pointless. If I swipe and it does goes back to the correct page, the page is grayed out and has to load up anyway. What's the point? I don't have the blank spots. However my phone is having the same problems that I had back on my Samsung Focus...that is webpage not loading. The progress bar will go across but no page actually loads. Or it'll simply refresh the current page or it'll show page isn't available.

thekeeblerelf

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes, images load in with extremely low resolution, so I end up having to save them to the phone to see anything other than a pixelated mess.

Photos on the Facebook mobile site and other sites load in and go off the side of the screen, and there is no way to scroll over to see the rest of the picture.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Internet explorer sucks on my 1520 too. Sometimes i get the back button problem. Sometimes it loads the mobile site and desktop site at the same time. I can't log in to some pages. It refreshes if I go back even though I left the page a minute ago. It being bad isn't really a problem. Locking out all other internet browsers is the problem.

nilushadilshan

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Me too have a problem with IE11. I have change the setting website password to don't remember. But every time i enter a password in a website IE11 asking me to remember our not. Why is that ? Can anyone help me ??
Sent from my Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
The fonts in IE11 on WPCentral are tiny and unreadable for me also.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
This is interesting as I get this also, but not consistently always. However, if I view this site in landscape when using IE it works much better. I can adjust the font size fine with a slight zoom in. In portrait its usually not as good. Most all other sites I visit using IE work very well. Just seems to be this site and FWIW, they push the 99 cent WP central app so maybe they're not in a big hurry to make it better. I much prefer browsing the site using IE tho. Can anyone else verify its no issue in landscape mode? Works fine for me using my icon.

linking1990

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
This is interesting as I get this also, but not consistently always. However, if I view this site in landscape when using IE it works much better. I can adjust the font size fine with a slight zoom in. In portrait its usually not as good. Most all other sites I visit using IE work very well. Just seems to be this site and FWIW, they push the 99 cent WP central app so maybe they're not in a big hurry to make it better. I much prefer browsing the site using IE tho. Can anyone else verify its no issue in landscape mode? Works fine for me using my icon.

I've made some comparisons earlier with a friend's device, it's a problem in all sites, not just WPCentral only. I am not saying that it was that good earlier, because fonts were too big, what I am saying is that they need to give the user controls over such things, like they do with the reading mood in IE.

sarim_xyz

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
One problem that I have with IE11 is it crashes EVERY time I am watching some video on youtube, or scrolling down in the video list. Sometimes after watching a few videos, sometimes earlier... I have started using myTube now, but this bug exists in IE11.

BTW, I would strongly recommend using the WPCentral app for following WPC, it is awesome!

lSsantos

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I have a L520, and IE performance seems poor than ever. When I try to watch a video on YouTube or another site it shows me 'Decode Error', sometimes it shows a message saying that the video is not supported and stops in the middle of the streaming. It crashes a lot, stop working in the middle of a page and doesn't load the whole page even if I press reload. The back button is not working properly, sometimes I have to press twice to return or close and open a page again. It was perfect when I get the preview for developers then after some updates it started to show problems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)