Exploding live tiles picture!!

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Nothing explosive , is Tom trying to show the 3D touch interface for live tiles or interactive love tiles ? And picture he twitted isn't clear :/

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Imagine this:
U hover ur finger on top of the music tile, and u get playback controls.
That is exploding tiles

I still don't understand why I have to hover my finger on top of the tile and they don't just implement "long press" for the same effect just more comfortable.

This really screams "gimmick" to me.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I still don't understand why I have to hover my finger on top of the tile and they don't just implement "long press" for the same effect just more comfortable.

This really screams "gimmick" to me.

Sorry but I generally hate long presses. Long presses feel slow. Also they would need to reinvent the dragging of tiles then.
Plus, you might be able to do some z-axis movement with you fingers to do even more interaction.

wpgeek820

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
anyone else see that the 3 touch buttons below the screen is ultra close to each other?

I noticed that, but it looks very similar to a 1520. Because in the 1520, the buttons look close to each other because of the bigger screen size. But then, they don't look like capacitive buttons at all. Could be a 1520 with on-screen buttons i.e a 1525.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Sorry but I generally hate long presses. Long presses feel slow. Also they would need to reinvent the dragging of tiles then.
Plus, you might be able to do some z-axis movement with you fingers to do even more interaction.

The tile will need to know that it's the one you want to have exploded. So instead of long press you'll have long hover. There needs to be a difference between moving above the screen and interacting with it.

Don't get me wrong, it might be awesome. At this point with the available rumors and the sobering 3D movement attempts of Amazon and Samsung I just don't see it.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
The tile will need to know that it's the one you want to have exploded. So instead of long press you'll have long hover. There needs to be a difference between moving above the screen and interacting with it.

Don't get me wrong, it might be awesome. At this point with the available rumors and the sobering 3D movement attempts of Amazon and Samsung I just don't see it.

Yes a long hover would kinda suck too. Because mostly my thumb hovers around the middle of the screen when I hold the phone and it would activate stuff all the time. I hope they find another solution.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Well from the top of my head I can think of several potential problems after seeing Samsung's and Amazon's implementation but that is just me over analyzing lol. Curious to see how they have implemented 3D touch and how that compares.

mparker

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

It doesn't necessarily need a long hover - mid-air gestures are also a possibility. In particular, moving your finger towards a tile then swerving to its edge could be a sufficient gesture to activate this. This would make it seamless and quick to both explode the tile and activate the particular icon.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't necessarily need a long hover - mid-air gestures are also a possibility. In particular, moving your finger towards a tile then swerving to its edge could be a sufficient gesture to activate this. This would make it seamless and quick to both explode the tile and activate the particular icon.

Okay, that's true. Sounds not too bad.

I wonder how useful this really might be, but I guess we'll find out :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs