Problems after recent 8.1 Update1 'critical' update

ITmanagerNC

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
After updating and letting all the apps re-install, reset the phone a couple times as I usually do.

I've had a couple of app / screen freezes, but I could close them and get back to the main screen a few times. This last time, while watching a Youtube video, it froze and eventually showed this:
CIMG3117.JPG

Hard reset returned device to normal for now. Not sure if it will return. If anyone else has experienced this confirm here.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've had that sort of thing happen before once every few months.
Nothing a soft reset couldn't fix.

Also, I don't think there's any reason to reset something twice, whether hard or soft.

ivdza

May 1, 2014
Visit site
After last update i hard reset my phone and voila its awesome. My camera (Microsoft Camera app),starts instantly,without loading screen at all !! No lags,no nothing bad for now,even battery is better... :))) Lumia 520.

ITmanagerNC

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Another problem. This morning went to take a photo, it was slow to focus and after the picture was taken it only showed a white screen, not a review of the photo. Could only force-close the app. Photo never saved and a blank (all black) 2MB copy was uploaded to Onedrive. Very Odd.

TimboNJ

May 12, 2012
Visit site
This is the first time I've had a problems with an update. Problems charging the phone for one. Today I got a black screen and the phone was frozen. I had to take out the battery to get it to work again.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
One question - for all those with problems after update.

After everything was restored & phone was prompting for (sim & phone) password - did you reboot ?

This would be a good habit to get into (some say hard reset afterwards !) after install & restore, RESTART the phone once more, before use.

anon(4054009)

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded and installed the update on my 635. I get an error that my Microsoft account password has expired (it hasn't) No way to type the password in. When I click on Outlook account only sync is shown then the error message. Any ideas before I wipe the phone again?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
The only time I encountered the "Microsoft account password has expired" prompt was when I was using the authenticator app but failed to input the generated passcode within the given amount of time (60 seconds). I find it strange, however, that there is "no way to type the password in" in your case.

Did or are you using two-step authentication and the authenticator app?

anon(4054009)

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I do use two-step, I downloaded the update, let the phone do its thing. After phone restarted this error popped up, I wasn't asked for any passwords. I checked my account and my password had not expired on any other device. I have changed my password anyway and signed in on all of my other devices. I can't find where to change my account on the phone since the update. The password box that sits under my user name is gone. However my iCloud and Gmail password boxes are there and working.Too weird.

ITmanagerNC

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I solved my issues by using the Nokia Recovery Tool.

Backed up device
Nokia Recovery tool wipe and reload
let phone restart, did NOT restore from backup
Was careful to just get the OS running and NOT enable backups
Downloaded and re-enrolled in DP program
Updated OS
Set up and restored from backup.

Phone and apps are the same versions as they were but the device is back to being stable.

Its a PITA to perform because some things are not backed up and there is a lot of re-typing passwords but I'm glad I did this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3