The Only One That Can Save WP is Microsoft

Jorge Holguin

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Let's cut to the chase here, not one besides MS will save WP. First the appetite is not there, some just don't like anything MS', and other will not help the competition. For example: Samsung and/or Sony. One thing that grinds my gears; is to keep hearing WP was late to the game and it will never advance. Azure, Bing and The Surface Pro have shown that when you have the right strategy and resources you are never late. MS has what it takes to turn things around but it will take a lot and a sharp focus.

Hardware: Microsoft with its Xbox and Surface shown that they have what it takes to make beautiful and great hardware. MS have to break the pattern and go out its way to bring the most beautiful hardware there is in the market. I know when I see beautiful hardware, and these are the most beautiful: iPhone 6/6+, LG G3, Nexus, Galaxy Note 4 and S5 and HTC M8. Lumia released beautiful phones like: 925, 1520, 930, 830 but if you notice they have the same design pattern. Nokia made excellent products but the design are too similar and other would called simplistic.

Software: W 8.1 brought lots of improvement to the OS, but as we all know most of them were over due and they were just to catch up: Cortana, Notification Center, etc. Nobody knows what W10 will bring but judging for how well the PC counter part has been receive the perception of WP in general might change for the better. It's been 4 yrs. There are not more excuses from the part of MS and/or any WP user, the next generation has to be out of this "world". This how I see it, MS has an advantage coming 2015; Lollipop and iOS 8 are out and they have some great features some are redefine, other new and other inspire[copied] from others but, whatever it take to make a premium OS. So, MS can and have to look at them and bring things nobody expect not more lacking behind.

Bringing users to the platform: Why would I leave my beloved iPhone or Android for WP? Is the question MS has to be working on. Look I don't have any issue with MS getting its portfolio in to other platform like it has done already. Now, my issue is now that Android & iPhone users have these why would they even tried come to WP? Incentive, is the solution here. Android and Apple have some hardcore user that never will leave their circle but, there are others that will not move for the amount of $ they already spent in their respective platform and MS have to make it easy for them to move.

Marketing: Last but not least is the marketing aspect. MS has to tell a story in a 30 seconds, 1 minute ad; it is time to show why WP is the best choice and why is better than the rest of the pack. One thing that many Android fans brag about its customization but, I believe that WP can be more customized than any other. The trip has just began and it won't be easy and MS can make it happen, remember MS doesn't need to win [Bing] it just need to be a player.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Biggest thing they could do is put the 5xx, 7xx, and 9xx series of phones on all carriers, then let them decide on the 6xx, 8xx, and anything else that remains. That would make a large portion of Windows Phones available and then we can go from there.

Get the phones into people's hands, then you'll see growth. ;)

When you get more people on the OS, then you'll get more people requesting for different parts of the OS to get improved as people request different features, even new ideas to get more people to transfer over.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft needs to give its platform the same amount of dedication that apple and android give theirs.

If they feel the need to support android or ios then at least treat windows phone equally. That's one of the biggest issues I have with windows phone and Microsoft

Jorge Holguin

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft needs to give its platform the same amount of dedication that apple and android give theirs.

If they feel the need to support android or ios then at least treat windows phone equally. That's one of the biggest issues I have with windows phone and Microsoft

I would respectfully disagree with you, here why: MS always been slow to move, but it always does. Just because MS its bringing its portfolio where the people are doesn't mean it has forgotten WP let's remember MS is running a business and after the money they spent in the NOKIA purchase it just doesn't make any sense to abandon $7b dollars.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I would respectfully disagree with you, here why: MS always been slow to move, but it always does. Just because MS its bringing its portfolio where the people are doesn't mean it has forgotten WP let's remember MS is running a business and after the money they spent in the NOKIA purchase it just doesn't make any sense to abandon $7b dollars.

Skype is a big example. I don't think they forgotten us. We simply justdont have the same level of commitment.

Xbox music is another.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Not at all sure how things will go. But the next year will make or damage Microsoft big time, at least when it comes to Mobile. The lack of new phones (mid and up) is killing people upgrading to a new WP8. I own a 820, my wife a 925 and we both wanted to upgrade. After seeing how very marginal a upgrade the new 830 is compared to the 820 and 925 we decided we were better off waiting. We have a 520 as a backup; but we decided to get a Moto G lte to be our other backup and see how things are in Android land on a phone (we have two android tablets).

The Moto G lte performs quite well for a only 200$ phone and is very similar to the 735. If (if ever) they get the 735 in the carriers in the US we might get one of them (if the price is right) instead of the 830 (price is too high for what you get) and wait until Microsoft comes out with next years phones to upgrade. I think the 830 is a nice phone; but 450$ is way to high for a small upgrade over our 820/925. Don't want too; but if it does not work we can always go Android all the way and make our 820/925 the backups.

Jorge Holguin

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Not at all sure how things will go. But the next year will make or damage Microsoft big time, at least when it comes to Mobile. The lack of new phones (mid and up) is killing people upgrading to a new WP8. I own a 820, my wife a 925 and we both wanted to upgrade. After seeing how very marginal a upgrade the new 830 is compared to the 820 and 925 we decided we were better off waiting. We have a 520 as a backup; but we decided to get a Moto G lte to be our other backup and see how things are in Android land on a phone (we have two android tablets).

The Moto G lte performs quite well for a only 200$ phone and is very similar to the 735. If (if ever) they get the 735 in the carriers in the US we might get one of them (if the price is right) instead of the 830 (price is too high for what you get) and wait until Microsoft comes out with next years phones to upgrade. I think the 830 is a nice phone; but 450$ is way to high for a small upgrade over our 820/925. Don't want too; but if it does not work we can always go Android all the way and make our 820/925 the backups.

2015 will be a great year for WP: And the Surface and Xbox team will make the best device out there. We already have the material, clean, beautiful and light. Just imagine a WP/MP in white and/or black magnesium and N-trig pen.

Jorge Holguin

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Skype is a big example. I don't think they forgotten us. We simply justdont have the same level of commitment.

Xbox music is another.
2015 will be a great year for WP: And the Surface and Xbox team will make the best device out there. We already have the material, clean, beautiful and light. Just imagine a WP/MP in white and/or black magnesium and N-trig pen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99