Uninstall Windows Phone 8.1.1 Preview for developer and revert back to shipping OS version

benoitgphoto

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Long story short, I would like to revert back to the shipping version which was Windows phone 8.1 (don't know which build) with Lumia Denim so uninstall Windows Phone 8.1 Preview for developer but I am a little bit confused and certainly don't want to brick the phone.

Actually, my Lumia 830 is running the following:
OS version: 8.10.14219.341
Firmware version: 02040.00005.14373.00001
Lumia Denim

If I connect the phone on the PC and run Lumia software recovery tool, it tells me that I can install the software version 02040.00005.14373.00001. So it is the same as I have installed on my phone?????

If I reinstall this software, will I get the shipping version of Windows phone 8.1 with Denim since the Lumia 830 ships with Denim?
Thanks for your help.

VineRider

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
The software recovery tool will restore your phone to factory settings. The version number you see is the firmware revision. Your version of Windows phone will be restored back to the released version....i.e it will remove the preview and put the phone back to the original version as it was when you purchased it

hprvez

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
The software recovery tool will restore your phone to factory settings. The version number you see is the firmware revision. Your version of Windows phone will be restored back to the released version....i.e it will remove the preview and put the phone back to the original version as it was when you purchased it

NO, it will always install the latest "commercial" version of windows phone available for your product code. E.g. It won't flash 8.0 on my 920.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

NO, it will always install the latest "commercial" version of windows phone available for your product code. E.g. It won't flash 8.0 on my 920.

​Guess I read VineRider's post too fast... LOL. hprvez is correct.

VineRider

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Hprvez is right. Since no update has been released for the 830 yet my response was correct, but as soon as an update is released, my post would be incorrect. Thanks for the clarification hprvez 😊

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05