Reversing from Windows Developer back to AT&T

mbranscum

Nov 25, 2003
Visit site
I recently downloaded windows developer and installed on my 830. I liked it but it wouldn't sync with my Fitbit. When I use the Lumia Recovery Tool and install the software they allow, I still have developer version on my 830.

How can I get the stock AT&T version back on my phone?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I assume you have both Apps on your phone?

Inside each Sign Out or "quit." Soft Reset. Make sure you are still signed out inside those apps. Uninstall each. Soft Reset. Make a new backup which should preserve your being signed out of P4D and Insider and not having those installed.

Use the new Windows Phone Recovery Tool to recover: FAQ - How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Microsoft - USA and restore that fresh-made backup.

Hope that solves your issue...

mbranscum

Nov 25, 2003
Visit site
This process doesn't reinstall the AT&T firmware. It just installs the latest developer for windows 8.1

Any other ideas?

mbranscum

Nov 25, 2003
Visit site
Right. It installs the latest developer software on the phone from their servers. Back to my original question. How can I install the stock att software back on my phone.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
If you used the Lumia Recovery Tool, then you don't have the DP version. You have the AT&T version.

Hmm kinda buzzed here... doesn't Microsoft recommend using the Windows Phone Recovery Tool instead of the Lumia Software Recovery Tool? They both are different tools so may be the OP is right? Though in my experience both should install the release version firmware and not the Technical Preview.

OP: Worst case if the Windows Phone Recovery Tool doesn't work then you can always use the NSU to flash the ATT firmware manually

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Hmm kinda buzzed here... doesn't Microsoft recommend using the Windows Phone Recovery Tool instead of the Lumia Software Recovery Tool? They both are different tools so may be the OP is right? Though in my experience both should install the release version firmware and not the Technical Preview.

OP: Worst case if the Windows Phone Recovery Tool doesn't work then you can always use the NSU to flash the ATT firmware manually

Didn't that just come out less than a month ago? Plus, I thought it was only for rolling back from Windows 10 to Windows Phone 8.1. Unless the function has changed, I'm pretty sure its the Lumia Recovery tool.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Didn't that just come out less than a month ago? Plus, I thought it was only for rolling back from Windows 10 to Windows Phone 8.1. Unless the function has changed, I'm pretty sure its the Lumia Recovery tool.
Yeah it was released when the Windows 10 TP was released but it can also be used to roll back to factory firmware (tried and tested). Lumia Recovery Tool does the same thing except I am guessing Microsoft might make Windows Phone Recovery Tool standard for non Lumia phones too

GabrielStorm

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it was released when the Windows 10 TP was released but it can also be used to roll back to factory firmware (tried and tested). Lumia Recovery Tool does the same thing except I am guessing Microsoft might make Windows Phone Recovery Tool standard for non Lumia phones too

here's what MS says about it.

Which tool should I use?

Use the Windows Phone Recovery Tool for all Lumia phones running Windows Phone 8 or newer. For all other Nokia branded phones use the Lumia Software Recovery Tool. To see which Windows Phone operating system (OS) version is currently installed on your phone, go to Settings > about.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

Which tool should I use?

Use the Windows Phone Recovery Tool for all Lumia phones running Windows Phone 8 or newer. For all other Nokia branded phones use the Lumia Software Recovery Tool. To see which Windows Phone operating system (OS) version is currently installed on your phone, go to Settings > about.

Thanks for that. They must've shuffled things around when the Windows Phone Recovery Tool came out.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

Which tool should I use?

What does other Nokia branded phones mean? If it's the Asha series then why the Lumia in the Recovery tool name?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234