WP needs more (modern) accent colors and background options !

wiggum15

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Just looking at my WP can be hard sometime, at first it looked great, clean and modern using the cyan accent color.
But now after over one year i cant stand it any longer...
I changed the accent color many times, i tried using magenta, yellow, bluegreen ect. but always came back to cyan.
My problem with the accent color is that currently nearly all of them are not "modern" and unintrusive enough. They are way too aggresive and look awful (brown,orange,darkgreen). With the 8.1 update microsoft needs to add at least 10 more, modern and unintrusive. Or at least give us the option to adjust the color saturation !

Wallpapers or more background colors are the next thing, i mean with enough good accent colors to choose from black/white "could" be enough but...
It would be great to have the option to use a background wallpaper/color.
WP8.1 could be so beautiful !

wp_81.png

What do you think ?

Last edited:

wiggum15

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
But looking boring and ugly is no option for WP if they will keep growing.
Anyway, that thing was done in 2min with a freeware software, i think the MS guys can get something better and more unique done. :wink:

lucas.scott

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Not a fan honestly. I think expanding upon the colors would be great. Something as simple as a color wheel would be great, but wallpaper support looks pretty tacky in my opinion. I would like to think there are more exciting things they could do on the UI side. Like allowing 4x2 tiles. Then developers could create some beautiful huge tiles to add functionality perhaps.

There are some cool concepts out there.

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Just looking at my WP can be hard sometime, at first it looked great, clean and modern using the cyan accent color.
But now after over one year i cant stand it any longer...
I changed the accent color many times, i tried using magenta, yellow, bluegreen ect. but always came back to cyan.
My problem with the accent color is that currently nearly all of them are not "modern" and unintrusive enough. They are way too aggresive and look awful (brown,orange,darkgreen). With the 8.1 update microsoft needs to add at least 10 more, modern and unintrusive. Or at least give us the option to adjust the color saturation !

Wallpapers or more background colors are the next thing, i mean with enough good accent colors to choose from black/white "could" be enough but...
It would be great to have the option to use a background wallpaper/color. Maybe give the user the ability to add a bit of transparency to the tiles...
WP8.1 could be so beautiful !

What do you think ?

You can vote here :) Windows Phone's background can be replaced with a picture – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone-

Iki Taba

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Please vote for this. Everyone would benefit. If you like it use it,if not ignore it and use black or white background. Vote with 3votes if possible.

wiggum15

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Anyway, we have it on Windows 8 and Windows RT. Now if Microsoft wants to align WP and RT this is a "must have" thing.
I also think that many people will start liking WP if you give the user such simple options like choosing a background. Voted for it !

wiggum15

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I think it wold be cool to choose a "Homescreen Background"(Choose a color or image) and a seperate "App Background" (Black/White maybe more colors).
For me this would work !
wp_83.png

clindhartsen

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
To be honest, Microsoft's track record of adding excessive customization to UIs has tended to result in jumps of hardware requirements, or third parties to come in and trash perfectly good systems. XP, Vista both jumped requirements with their respective UI enhancements. Transparency is nice and all, but is there value for a user if battery life suffers?

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Like @Iki Taba said, it won't hurt anyone to have this option. If you don't like it, you can stick to standard black and white but if you do, you can use it. It's a win win. And if WP is gonna replace RT, then this is gonna be needed. Please vote

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Don't like the idea of wallpaper, but I think a color wheel for accent colors would be a great thing. Never understood why only select colors are allowed.

Mohan Raj K

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
UI overhaul is actually coming... they will break the secret in Build 2014 similar to last wp8 event which introduced the new small tile thing

Donny James

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
This looks great and forward thinking. All we want is more options. for those that don't like it they can stick with the old way. But for those that want a change, allow us the option to change. I never argue with folks that want more options. Why should I force others to only have what I like.

mdtauk

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Ability to choose Background colours I agree with, and more choice for Accent colours, but keep the images for the lock screen where they will not be obscured by tiles, and will not hit the battery life.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans