Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By sunco
  • 1 Post By Quhi

What happened to the office app in windows phone? Will we see the next iteration of office in the next update???

I would hope so. If excel still can't allow for copy/cut/paste of multiple cells after WP 8.1, that would be a major disappointment for me.

Don't set your expectation too high, I don't think MS will upgrade the Office by much
    I really hope it improves a lot, as right now, Pages on IOS is overall superior to Office on WP.

Not a big user of Office on WP but couple days ago I needed to do something on Excel

- Can't remove bold font-style (same with italic, underline..)
    - No color schema (just 3 colors)
    - No font-size
    - No align (center, right)
    - Can't insert new row
    - Can't insert a graphic on the same sheet

I'm not talking abut 5,000 Excel functions on desktop, but very basic functions

About removing bold font-style, I'm not talking about "undo" option. Try this: Add text, then bold, move to another cell, add text, then try to remove bold from first text
    vish2801 and Sakitumi like this.
    They need to put Office RT from Surface RT on the WP8.1. That's the minimum.
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.

Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    They need to put Office RT from Surface RT on the WP8.1. That's the minimum.
    But isn't that the goal anyway, to merge the too markets (Win RT and WP) and in the near future let developers develop for both systems in one?

Global Posts
    8,062 Global Posts
    Yeah, it hasn't changed at all in the leaked SDK build, but I hope it gets a huge upgrade as well. At the bare minimum I'd like OneNote to support adding new ink notes (yes, even if I have to use a capacitive stylus) just so I can make a quick doodle when I need to remember something.

Also current wp8 office cant read/access/show documents saved in sd card..
    home ms resolve this bug.

Also current wp8 office cant read/access/show documents saved in sd card..
    home ms resolve this bug.

Please help..
    i got email of onedrive extra storage from ms.
    but when i click on link it asks for redeem code..
    but what is redeem code?
    can any1 tell me?
    Please send me a message.
    Office still version 15 here on sdk.

I really hope they update office but with no leaks or rumors idk. I just hope when they release office for ios it doesn't blow wp out of the water.

Would like it of they made it a stand alone app in the store so it can be updated more frequently(like they seem to be doing with Facebook integration)

They want to push the enterprise stuff which is great but they need more than basic features in office (and I'm not talking anything like writing excel macros).

Of course they should update it... Word has like 1% of the functions the full version offers. And even that little amount is not very comfortable to use. For example - making the text smaller and bigger by using a button, without a possibility to set the size of the text manually. This is such a basic request. I hope that there will be like 20% of functions available in the future. Right now it looks like the office hub is in pre-alpha state :/
    narv likes this.