Post your latest Start Screen & Backgrounds!

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Let's begin collecting an sharing! And by April 2, hopefully we'll start showing off our amazing Start Screens!

Here is my collection. Feel free to use them. They are all 768*1280 for 920.
http://1drv.ms/1f720Pp

Arjunan's:

Bryan Sayas's:
I always get my wallpapers from FACETS

DennisvdG:

AlwaysColtron
What a cool idea for a post!

Here is some of my stuff, hopefully someone will find use for it!
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...4&authkey=!AAsGTdC-h88S_ws&ithint=folder,.jpg

GlenniBoy
Hey Guys,

I decided to do something instead of just waiting for 8.1 Dev preview, so here are some wallpaper i just made.

There are 5 gradient wallpaper, 3 pattern like wallpaper and one with carbon style :)

So all together 9 wallpaper, which are in my opinion pretty good to use as tile wallpaper :)

All 9 wallpaper are using FULL-HD resolution(1080x1920)

Here's the link: http://1drv.ms/1eDIbvT

Andygoes
Here are some shots that I took outside of Las Vegas last week with an EOS M. I put one up on my phone as lockscreen and now as background. They are all 1080*1920:

http://1drv.ms/1kRASsl

squire777
I have been experimenting with some pictures of gradients and it has a nice effect when you scroll through the start screen. Here are some that I have tried with so far, and the grey one gives a sort of metallic look.

View attachment 62442

View attachment 62443

View attachment 62444

View attachment 62445

AymanWP93
Here's a pretty good background
View attachment 62481

jordandrako
Made this one today, I like it a lot. imgur: the simple image sharer

magictriangle
I just created these today for use on my phone with the new home screen background feature. These look totally awesome when scrolling up and down your home screen with the new parallax feature. I hope you guys find these useful. Enjoy!

:winktongue:

If you end up trying these out, i'd love to see screenshots!

View attachment 62494View attachment 62495View attachment 62496View attachment 62497View attachment 62498View attachment 62499View attachment 62500

archimess
Here is how I'm rocking 8.1 on my Lumia 820

View attachment 62783

And here you go some other wallps

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...6&authkey=!ADYrG8-37G5DXhA&ithint=folder,.png (*wait a bit till the images get uploaded. There should be 25-30 images.)

I will be updating this with time, when i sort more pics I have on my PC.

Abstracts look much better, than detailed form pics

mariusfilip
Samsung Galaxy S3 Textures Wallpapers, Backgrounds HD Downloads All time ?€” WallpapersCraft

Hi...for months i've searched a good site for wallpapers...and now...with the 8.1 preview...we've gor a lot of 'work' to do :)) i use a lumia 720 but discovered that the 720x1280 is better than the native 480x800,hope you enjoy it :smile:

DJWhiteSquall
**I know there is a sticky thread on this particular topic, but I wanted to make sure everyone saw this site, and I don't like being Post #329 on anything other than "329th Post Gets Free AT&T Data Share Plan for a Year!"

Want to create your own cool background for your start screen? Check out this site (link below) my son showed me earlier today. I can't stop creating images, 1) because it's fun, and 2) I sort of like the music they have streaming thru....

Anyhoo... Check it out and enjoy! :winktongue: (or don't) :angry:

SILK - Interactive Generative Art

karlog

wphashan
http://1drv.ms/1mlIM9Z
this is my collection, hope someone will find it usefull :angel:

Vishal Kaushal
Here is my collection of start screens and lock screens ..collected and short listed after trying many images

Shared files from OneDrive http://1drv.ms/1j6iMSb

PS: the last three(denim, afternoon sky and black wood) are my all time favourites..cheers!!

doktor1
No, I downloaded wallpaper from wallpaperbase and made differenet colors...

View attachment 78642

Same wall as my desktop...

View attachment 78643

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: WP 8.1 Start Screen Backgrounds Thread (Official)

Thanks for sharing these! :smile:

I like the railroad tracks picture a lot.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

Let's begin collecting an sharing! And by April 2, hopefully we'll start showing off our amazing Start Screens!

Here is my collection. Feel free to use them. They are all 768*1280 for 920.
http://1drv.ms/1f720Pp

Great choices there. I see you understand the kind of images that work well with the upcoming background photos feature ;)

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site

Great choices there. I see you understand the kind of images that work well with the upcoming background photos feature ;)

Thanks.
Hopefully my thread gets stickied by April 2, or when the Dev Preview is out!

ygtgngr

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

I heard that there will be no new tile colours. If there will be still limited colour choice, I think we can use a plain coloured background to change the tile colour.

anon(5348756)

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site

I have to admit I was really skeptical about this new start screen customization, it just didn't really make sense to me. After a few quick n dirty attempts on photoshop though, I'm newly converted - this approach can indeed look stunningly beautiful. However, it depends highly on the image chosen: I find that the less busy/contrasty the image and the darker/more saturated in color, the better it works to provide good visibility of the live tiles. I'm personally a fan of subtle gradients and I find this is the perfect replacement for solid live tile colors: 1 color is still the predominant accent but a gradient subtly bleeds into other tiles and it looks beautiful. See a bunch of tests I did, with my favorite gradients at the end:

newhome.jpg newhome2.jpg
newhome3.jpg newhome4.jpg
newhome5.jpg newhome6.jpg
newhome7.jpg newhome8.jpg
newhome9.jpg newhome10.jpg
newhome11.jpg newhome12.jpg
newhome13.jpg newhome14.jpg
newhome15.jpg

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site

I have to admit I was really skeptical about this new start screen customization, it just didn't really make sense to me. After a few quick n dirty attempts on photoshop though, I'm newly converted - this approach can indeed look stunningly beautiful. However, it depends highly on the image chosen: I find that the less busy/contrasty the image and the darker/more saturated in color, the better it works to provide good visibility of the live tiles. I'm personally a fan of subtle gradients and I find this is the perfect replacement for solid live tile colors: 1 color is still the predominant accent but a gradient subtly bleeds into other tiles and it looks beautiful. See a bunch of tests I did, with my favorite gradients at the end:

View attachment 60911 View attachment 60912
View attachment 60913 View attachment 60914
View attachment 60915 View attachment 60916
View attachment 60917 View attachment 60918
View attachment 60919 View attachment 60920
View attachment 60921 View attachment 60922
View attachment 60923 View attachment 60924
View attachment 60925
Amazing!

Just sucks the Music + Videos tile will keep its own appearance and won't be able to match background.
I wonder how that will look like with 3 column tiles?

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

Gradients and photos with few details are always a good choice!

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site

Gradients and photos with few details are always a good choice!

It is! Just imagine if the wallpaper behind the tiles is a simple gradient? It'd make the Start screen immensely even more pretty! I guess we will get it during 8.5.

anon(5348756)

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site

I meant from my thread I started...

Wow... ahm... you do realize you don't own threads, right? Sometimes topics are repeated and people post where they see more traffic. Nobody can steal from what you don't own. I can't even understand why you would care but... ok.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if anyone is interested in this but I thought I'd share one of the most beautiful photo's I have ever taken with my Lumia 920

So I was visiting my dad in Greece and one day I saw this beautiful creature crawl around so I whipped out my beloved 920 and took this great shot :)

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...uthkey=!AJPoGQx6U4rqWGQ&v=3&ithint=photo,.jpg

EDIT: too bad the picture looks like puke after uploading it to onedrive :'(

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site

WOW! That is amazing. Thank you so much! I hope you don't mind that I am using it? :p
wp_ss_20140330_0003.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3