"Keep Wi-Fi on when the screen times out" setting missing

anon(5718954)

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Under Wi-Fi > manage there should be a setting called "Keep Wi-Fi on when the screen times out".

After updating to WP8.1 that setting is now missing on my unbranded Lumia 820. Could you guys please check if the setting still shows up on your phones? Also, please post your phone model.

Thanks.

Last edited:

anon(5718954)

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I know it does. But that's not what I want. I want Wi-Fi to turn off when the phone is locked because it drains my battery.

Can you please check if you have that setting?

truedesi

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It's the VPN setup that's the culprit. My internet was not working at all. Finally I turned it off and everything is back to normal.

watom

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
nobody, as it seems .... it's a shame, really!! Most of all I'm wondering why on earth they would omit such a feature :-(

lumia720NL

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I ask this question yesterday, and nobody can find the setting for that wifi disconnected when you lock your phone.
It's draining my battery, and yeah we can turn on battery saver but that's in my opinion not a solution because I only use battery saver when my battery is low.

Wp8.1 is a great update, but they've change some things ( like this ) and I just don't understand why...

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

MRE Inc

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I also don't have the option to Keep Wifi on/off when the screen times out. It should be there, but I only have the first and last option....

wp_ss_20140415_0001_1.png

MRE Inc

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Exactly! It's not here anymore!

Well some have it, others don't. I thought I didn't have it because my language and regional settings are Dutch, but the above screenshot is from someone from The Netherlands too, but he has everything in US English. I adjusted my settings to US localization and language, rebooted my phone, but I still don't have the Wifi on/off (middle) option.... Very strange....

Please notice that the screenshot in my previous post is from a Lumia Device SAMSUNG ATIV WITH Windows Phone 8.1 installed and NOT taken from Windows Phone 8.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa