Windows Phone 8.1 update

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
There is no release date yet declared. Some say it will come by june some say august. If you want you can get preview for developers update now

Sent from my Lumia 620 wp8.1 RM-846_im_india_233 using Tapatalk

Satish Dhondale

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Okay.

I heard that if the phone is updated with developer preview, then warranty will be lost. Is it true? And do we get all the features that the normal user gets? Or is there any difference between developer preview and normal update?

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
There's a detailed thread somewhere in this forum about the warranty. The final decision lies with your manufacturer (or carrier, where applicable). The developer preview has all the features that the official update will get, but there are a few bug fixes coming, which will be available with the official update.

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
According to information given on this forum yes it voids warranty with nokia(manufacturer). But today i checked my phone's warranty it is showing that it is still in warranty. I checked it on official nokia website

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
According to information given on this forum yes it voids warranty with nokia(manufacturer). But today i checked my phone's warranty it is showing that it is still in warranty. I checked it on official nokia website

That's not really an indicator of warranty. The website doesn't know if you've installed the developer preview or not. The people at Nokia Care might know you're using preview software, and thus possibly decline warranty. The website gives a very rough estimate about the warranty validity period.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Okay.

I heard that if the phone is updated with developer preview, then warranty will be lost. Is it true? And do we get all the features that the normal user gets? Or is there any difference between developer preview and normal update?

It may not void your Phone's warranty, but one thing for sure Nokia Care wont provide free support for DP. I got it confirmed from Nokia Care forum. They had asked me not to go for DP. Also, they have said that Cyan update will be released in Mid June or any time after May,31.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140504_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20140504_0001.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
For all theoretical purposes , warranty is void. For practical, they just don't care.
I had a Lumia 520 of a friend of mine with WP8.1 fixed in India under warranty.
Another guy with a Lumia 720 also had his fixed.
If you are still unsure, you can always flash the old ROM using Nokia Software Updater for Retail before sending it to the service center so they won't find out. (More about it in the 920 forum. It's a sticky thread at the top).

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
For all theoretical purposes , warranty is void. For practical, they just don't care.
I had a Lumia 520 of a friend of mine with WP8.1 fixed in India under warranty.
Another guy with a Lumia 720 also had his fixed.
If you are still unsure, you can always flash the old ROM using Nokia Software Updater for Retail before sending it to the service center so they won't find out. (More about it in the 920 forum. It's a sticky thread at the top).

Honestly, if anyone's still unsure at this point (for warranty or whatever reason), they should just wait until WP8.1 comes out officially.

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, if anyone's still unsure at this point (for warranty or whatever reason), they should just wait until WP8.1 comes out officially.

I believe that WPCentral made a big (bad or good) decision by making the PDP so public. Almost everybody's onboard, Heck my friend's granma is onboard.

anon(7935575)

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I just gave my phone to service center coz of hardware problem. I just used Nokia Suit to recover to WP8 and gave it. No questions asked.
I'm gonna install WP 8.1 as soon as I get it back.

As far as WP8.1 official is concerned it'll be shipped in june end or july beginning. No dates announced yet!

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I just gave my phone to service center coz of hardware problem. I just used Nokia Suit to recover to WP8 and gave it. No questions asked.
I'm gonna install WP 8.1 as soon as I get it back.

As far as WP8.1 official is concerned it'll be shipped in june end or july beginning. No dates announced yet!

Yes phones shipped with 8.1 but a carrier update will be late this year and with AT&T and Verizon track record I wouldn't hold my breath because 2015 is a long ways off.

anon(7935575)

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes phones shipped with 8.1 but a carrier update will be late this year and with AT&T and Verizon track record I wouldn't hold my breath because 2015 is a long ways off.

That's sad. But here in India, We don't have carriers to set up roadblocks. Hopefully things will go as planned.

And Alex corrections I am referring to Nokia Software Utility for Retail. You will find many threads here on how to recover WP8.

tejaskadam13

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello Guys,

I've recently updated to 8.1. please tell me how can i chance my Facebook picture. in 8.0 we just have ti change the picture in "ME" to share and change to every single account i've liked. please guide on this ASAP

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss