When will official 8.1/Cyan update be released?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
What exactly do they mean by WP 8.1? New handsets (630/635/930) or update for existing devices..?

Edit 1: Oh sorry, 930 will not be available in US.

Edit 2: I guess 630/635 will not be available as well, so that's great news!!! Hope we will get the update on other carriers ASAP.

Last edited:

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Thread title is so deceiving... They could simply mean they will be the first, or one of the first, to launch a 8.1 device (no doubt, in the US). They don't even mention updates.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Offically, Cyan is the 8.1 update for everyone else (ie those not running the preview). All the preview people get is the firmware bits from Cyan and maybe a small update to the OS.

I'm hoping that small update to the OS doesn't cripple anything provided with the developer preview like data sense. AT&T sucks in regards to these kinds of things.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping that small update to the OS doesn't cripple anything provided with the developer preview like data sense. AT&T sucks in regards to these kinds of things.

Same. Data Sense is a life saver on a 2GB plan. I'll have to really think about updating or not if ATT pulls that trick again.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Offically, Cyan is the 8.1 update for everyone else (ie those not running the preview). All the preview people get is the firmware bits from Cyan and maybe a small update to the OS.

No cyan is Nokia's firmware to go along with 8.1. Devices with DP will also be getting Cyan firmware for Nokia phones

iXesh

Banned
Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Official Update For Windows Phone 8.1

Its been 2 months after Preview of Developer launched,
But there is no thread for official update on any site...
some sites says its 24 June and its today...
but still WPCenteral didn't posted about that...
do anyone know about that...

Fernando Lins

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: Official Update For Windows Phone 8.1

According to MS documents June 24 is the start of the product life cycle. So they should start seeding WP 8.1 from today on to carriers and hardware developers and we should gradually start getting our phones upgraded in the next few weeks?

Fernando Lins

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

Also, which version of WP8.1 is Lumia 630 running? Is it a beta? Is it 8.1.0 and we're all getting that? Or are all phone including the 630 upgrading to a 8.1 GM release?

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site

I am getting so tired of the same old questions coming again and again. Does someone here reads any other topics than his own?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb