Track WP8.1 + Lumia Cyan Rollout!

Pedro Cavaleiro

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Im hoping for the same damnnnn thing. im so impatient about this now. i downloaded the preview for developers this morning, if At&t doesn't release it officially today, im installing the preview. F*ck At&t.

talking about the lumia 1020 on at&t of course.:evil:
I have the L920 CV FR and nothing... Can I say f**k CV? The CV's should be the ones recieving the updates

drtek

May 15, 2013
Visit site
now there is an easy way when you're on developers preview.. just check on Nokia Software Updater for Retail, and when your country has release the Cyan update for your phone, you let the NSU for Retail do the work for you.. it will install Cyan on your phone so no need to go back to WP8 Black..

also Navifirm has Cyan firmwares ready to download, so countries with Cyan firmwares can now be downloaded via Navifirm or NSU for Retail..

If you're thinking about flashing it with a different ROM, and have A&T, forget about it.

anon(8075033)

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I will get tired of waiting... I have the Preview but it makes me nervous when I know that it isn't the official update... My next phone WILL NOT be a WP if their updating is this difficult to do. I like WP but I can't stand it when people on MS/Nokia doesn't know what to do... And I'm waiting for Lumia 820 CV Finland.

Th Ks

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Guys can someone explain to me why a friend with the same phone (lumia 520) got the update 3 days ago (not the preview) and i still cant cant get the update?
We are both located in Greece.
I mean can that happen? can some people get the update in the same country while others cant or is it just my phone.

yokyto

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
now there is an easy way when you're on developers preview.. just check on Nokia Software Updater for Retail, and when your country has release the Cyan update for your phone, you let the NSU for Retail do the work for you.. it will install Cyan on your phone so no need to go back to WP8 Black..

also Navifirm has Cyan firmwares ready to download, so countries with Cyan firmwares can now be downloaded via Navifirm or NSU for Retail..

Kill_mark.
Yesterday I was in touch through chat with support agent of Microsoft regarding WP 8.1 PFD and Cyan. First I was told. MS do nothing regarding this and go in touch with Nokia support. Nokia is responsible for this soft. I went to Nokia support and I was told no if you would like to install Cyan go to back to Black and WP 8.0 and then you could get a Cyan which is bundled with WP 8.1 official. I have tested it on my925, and two L720 for which official Cyan and WP 8.1 build..890 was issued. When on PFD I wasn't able to get Cyan separately.
Now I have found out complete soft included Cyan firmware you can download it through Navifirm but this soft must be officially released for your devices and you can flash your phone with this soft through Nokia Care Suit by flashing your phone.

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Does Africa even get updates? How long must we wait here.

Makes no sense at all - Russian Federation and Ukraine don't have it either.

Too bad - A couple of years ago Nokia/Microsoft rocked the world with the Tango update. Now, they're same as iPhone (maybe worse now) and Android. So went from excellence to mediocrity. I hope the entire WP experience doesn't follow suit..

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Guys can someone explain to me why a friend with the same phone (lumia 520) got the update 3 days ago (not the preview) and i still cant cant get the update?
We are both located in Greece.
I mean can that happen? can some people get the update in the same country while others cant or is it just my phone.

Depends on a) your carrier, and b) the ROM on the phone, and c) if developer preview is present. If for example, you are in Greece, and your phone is an import (let's say it's from the UK). You wouldn't get the update in Greece on that phone until it's released in the UK.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Kill_mark.
Yesterday I was in touch through chat with support agent of Microsoft regarding WP 8.1 PFD and Cyan. First I was told. MS do nothing regarding this and go in touch with Nokia support. Nokia is responsible for this soft. I went to Nokia support and I was told no if you would like to install Cyan go to back to Black and WP 8.0 and then you could get a Cyan which is bundled with WP 8.1 official. I have tested it on my925, and two L720 for which official Cyan and WP 8.1 build..890 was issued. When on PFD I wasn't able to get Cyan separately.
Now I have found out complete soft included Cyan firmware you can download it through Navifirm but this soft must be officially released for your devices and you can flash your phone with this soft through Nokia Care Suit by flashing your phone.

You couldn't get Cyan while on PFD because updates from that are still blocked.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I will get tired of waiting... I have the Preview but it makes me nervous when I know that it isn't the official update... My next phone WILL NOT be a WP if their updating is this difficult to do. I like WP but I can't stand it when people on MS/Nokia doesn't know what to do... And I'm waiting for Lumia 820 CV Finland.

The perils of rocking Preview software, sadly. End of the day, if you can't accept things may go wrong with it (like the update saga), stick with general release.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Does this application tell you what version is available BEFORE it wipes out your phone ? So I could download it, connect my phone, run the app, see what is available on their servers, if still 8.0, I can cancel it, if Cyan, update it....??

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Cyan will eventually come for PD users, just not anytime soon. Probably by the time US carriers start rolling out the updates late September/early October. (I got PD now and if TMo US has a problem with that they can suck ma D) So far so good on my 521.

kill_mark

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Does this application tell you what version is available BEFORE it wipes out your phone ? So I could download it, connect my phone, run the app, see what is available on their servers, if still 8.0, I can cancel it, if Cyan, update it....??

Nokia Software Updater for Retail will tell what version your phone is on and it will tell you what's the latest firmware it sees on nokia servers. so for my 1020, i'm on 8.1 Update 1 DP on Lumia Black (xxxx.40000.xxxx.xxxx series) before.. since my country variant already has a Cyan firmware, i decided to run Nokia Software Updater for Retail so i can downgrade to WP8 Lumia Black since i was on developers preview.. upon running it, it shows that the latest firmware for my device is Cyan (xxxx.50009.xxxx.xxxx series) so it is now easier coming from developers preview..

thus countries with Cyan firmware are also downloadable in Navifirm+ if you choose the Nokia Care Suite path, you can also do it, but it is quite a task to do compared to Nokia Software Updater for Retail which is just a few clicks..

also to answer your question, yes you can use it to check if your country has Cyan firmware, it won't download the firmware right away, so no need to cancel or anything..

good luck on your update

Last edited:

troylee

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

Nokia Software Updater for Retail will tell what version your phone is on and it will tell you what's the latest firmware it sees on nokia servers. so for my 1020, i'm on 8.1 Update 1 DP on Lumia Black (xxxx.40000.xxxx.xxxx series) before.. since my country variant already has a Cyan firmware, i decided to run Nokia Software Updater for Retail so i can downgrade to WP8 Lumia Black since i was on developers preview.. upon running it, it shows that the latest firmware for my device is Cyan (xxxx.50009.xxxx.xxxx series) so it is now easier coming from developers preview..

thus countries with Cyan firmware are also downloadable in Navifirm+ if you choose the Nokia Care Suite path which is quite a task to do compared to Nokia Software Updater for Retail which is just a few clicks..

also to answer your question, yes you can use it to check if your country has Cyan firmware, it won't download the firmware right away, so no need to cancel or anything..

good luck on your update

But for me Nokia Care Suite seems has no full function on my PC that's why I couldn't flash any rom on my Lumia 920 right now

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes