Track WP8.1 + Lumia Cyan Rollout!

epinephelous

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
What's the matter with all you wussies out there? What's the deal with nagging all the time about not having cyan. After all this is the very name of your phone. Isn't it?

decaf19

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I think a set date of release would make people happier, even with announced delays and new estimated date of releases....this secretive stuff seems kinda NSA to me just be open with the people....

Belfiore prior to the release of 8.1 was very informative on his twitter now, nothing

#at&tSlowReleaseProblemsNL920

Smiggyy

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Never mind 'Cyan' this and 'Cyan' that!
What about us poor beggars who are 'nonnoks'?
I'm waiting patiently in UK for 8.1 to come to my Huawei Ascend W1.
:smile:

thnninen

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Anyone thinking this is reasonable behaviour on Nokias/MS's behalf must be a total moron.
This is not the way you treat your customers. Would Apple ever do this? Have they ever? NO!

But these guys do this every time. Every single time there is an update, they publish it 6 months earlier with vague deadlines. When those deadlines come close they start throwing some news about when the update is comign out, never telling anyone which devices and which countries they mean by the dates. And then, finally, they go public with big official press releases "Updates start rolling out today!". And still most of their customers have to wait weeks until they get anything. And of course there isn't a schedule where you could check when you can expect the update.

Whereas Apple, as much as I hate their guts, gets it right. They go public with the update WHEN IT'S READY. They say: "Ok guys, here's the update, here are the new features. Update starts today". Why is that so hard to do? Apple has way more devices out there and they can handle it. It's the respect for their customers, that what I say. Respect, or lack of it as in a case of MS/Nokia.

seq1

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Anyone thinking this is reasonable behaviour on Nokias/MS's behalf must be a total moron.
This is not the way you treat your customers. Would Apple ever do this? Have they ever? NO!

But these guys do this every time. Every single time there is an update, they publish it 6 months earlier with vague deadlines. When those deadlines come close they start throwing some news about when the update is comign out, never telling anyone which devices and which countries they mean by the dates. And then, finally, they go public with big official press releases "Updates start rolling out today!". And still most of their customers have to wait weeks until they get anything. And of course there isn't a schedule where you could check when you can expect the update.

Whereas Apple, as much as I hate their guts, gets it right. They go public with the update WHEN IT'S READY. They say: "Ok guys, here's the update, here are the new features. Update starts today". Why is that so hard to do? Apple has way more devices out there and they can handle it. It's the respect for their customers, that what I say. Respect, or lack of it as in a case of MS/Nokia.

I agree with you on this, but Apple has only few devices. So, it becomes easy for them to roll out updates.

Edit: By few devices I mean number of different phones they have like iPhone 5, 5s, etc.

Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site

Couldn't agree more, ms treatment to its minuscule user base is shockingly bad

juned s

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
What's wrong with you guys. Ask those guys who received cyan update, what's the difference from wp8.1 DP n they will say I couldn't notice any difference. Have DP installed if you are so impatient to see hw wp8.1 works and stop complaining.

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site

Let the rage begin.

decaf19

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
What's wrong with you guys. Ask those guys who received cyan update, what's the difference from wp8.1 DP n they will say I couldn't notice any difference. Have DP installed if you are so impatient to see hw wp8.1 works and stop complaining.

What's wrong with you? Maybe the firmware gives better battery performance and its more comforting knowing you're on an official OS than a preview...also having updated radio drivers may help reception on carrier's devices...I see you're on this thread likely because you're "impatient" too or you wouldn't have even seen the people "complaining" gtfo...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05