WP 8.1 Bugs and Defects

rapidscout

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
I've also noticed that my phone flashes the charging symbol a lot even when it's not charging and that several Apps won't start: Converge and Data Sense so far.

jahduce

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem with my 1520 except apps won't download to SD card after 10gb of used space. iv still got over 50gig and I can't save anything photos music nothing what is wrong, can someone tell me please, its very annoying.

Motashim Shishir

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
When i bought my phone i have 4 GB sd card of Samsung which i was using in my 730 and works smoothly.. Recently i bought a 16 GB sd card of Samsung. Though it supports but i can not find my photos in photos app, and when i try to play music from sd card by using xbox music app it started to play in background, the app doesn't show the songs playing page and also it cannot detect some songs from sd card. But with other app it works smoothly. My question is
1. Why does not it shows my photos in photo app (default app)???
2.Why does not the xbox music app shows the song it is playing and cant find some songs?
3. How to refresh both of this app??
Plz... help me out..... :( :( :(

Nubwy

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Audible for WP will not let you restart books once they go all the way to the end. It's been verified as a bug related to the update to 8.1

Radu BARAC

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
It would be nice to manualy change the cursor of the brightness, using automatic in a dark room its too dim, low its hurting my eyes.
Otherwise great OS...first time running windows...no complains.
Cheers

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Late to the 8.1 game here (HTC8X)....but have noticed this bug a few times....
On several occasions the system sounds (charge/keyboard/lock/unlock etc) are not playing. Not sure if this is 8X specific or whatever. Have done soft resets w/no fix. Just recently seemed to find that using the onscreen browser(IE) keyboard seemed to restore the system sounds. So possibly a conflict/glitch with IE???...or maybe it's some other app? I've always checked the volume ctrls and the Settings|Ringtones+Sounds| 'Play sound for' (system sounds) to make sure all are on. also this is happening out of Quiet Hours time frame...but I do have that on w/auto rules. Maybe a conflict there? Any ideas or something I have missed w/system sounds and am disabling somehow???
Thanks in advance.

matt john2

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
My L1020 is acting really weird; its having connection issues in some apps(I've done numerous soft reset and restart but the issue still exist), and "available update" bug. I just downloaded an update and this one is really weird it doesn't have any info than 'Lumia update', after the "Installing the update" the phone will supposed to restart right?(or at least notifies you) but right after the primary installation was finished nothing happened I also restarted my phone hoping for it to install the update, I'm running the latest preview OS. Can someone explain this?
Cheers,
Matt

Ebonvoice

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: Bugs and Defects

I have a pretty ginormous issue...

Ever since my WP 8.1 update, I've been unable to access my MS Wallet app, and my Bing translator crashes. I tried to uninstall, then reinstall translator, but now it won't download properly. I've also had some similar issues with a couple of non-Microsoft apps.

Is there any way to remedy this without doing a full reset, or is that my only option?

And, if I have to do a full reset, will my progress on my downloaded games be lost?

If anyone has an answer, it is greatly appreciated!

(oh yeah... I'm running the latest update on an HTC 8XT).

Last edited:

Joachim Capiral

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
Wasn't able to read the whole thread but did someone already tell about a simple bug in notification center. When you switch on the screen and pull the notification quickly the cellular data toggle will be toggled(in UI only but not really working, just highlight) it's a simple ui glitch but it bugs me. Though this happens not all the time.

Jeannuel

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Im having a battery drain bug because of Internet Explorer.

I went to sleep at ~1 am with the phone with 100% of battery... And now at 8 am I have 70% of battery.

I was WTF and then I saw what was draining so much battery in the Battery Saver app: It was IE. I dont have it allowed to work in the background but it stills does. I had nothing open but still IE took like 25% of the charge.

This happened today to me.
I have a Lumia 520 with Cyan

Dizzle81

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys first time poster. I own a Lumia 1020 and i recently started getting issues with it where the WiFi drops and when I go into the settings to toggle on and off to search the button greys out and a series of loading dots scroll up top. When I leave the phone alone afterwards the phone restarts on its own and reconnects like nothing happened.

My software updates are up to date.
And i want to do a hard reset as a last resort. Anyone ever experienced this?

Christina David

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
I've been having issues with the wallet app of late. I can't uninstall and reinstall it and any time I try to open it, it takes me back to the page I was at before I opened it. Using a Nokia Icon with denim. I tried accessing the wallet app from settings->applications->wallet as well and no luck. :/

Also I just discovered I can't make any in phone purchases at all. It just takes me to the home screen any time I try to purchase an app. Please help. I tried a soft reset and luck there either :(

MistyKu

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I have problem on my lumia 625 with movies with IE. Whenever I open page with video player and advertisement is shown, I have black screen for duration of that advertisement. Anyone experienced that?

JuanPZV

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Major Bug:
On L720, when I finished to play a Youtube's VIdeo, and swip faster to change the video, my screens go freezed, and if I block the phone, my screens goes like when a old TV doesn't has signal (statics). It's very weird, but, the most weird comes when I note that the touch still working, I'm able to go to home, pause the video, open/call randomly, etc.
Is very easy to fix it, just I need to press the power button for 7 seconds and Descend the "Lock Screen", turn it on back and nothing else.

lexus232

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
IE likes to crash A LOT on my L925 and even worse is that the page that has been opened before it crashes doesn't resume upon restarting the browser.
I am running Denim, not a preview. 3.0-3.5gb of internal memory are always free.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett