Already Windows Phone 8.1, and yet still can't attach any files types as attachments?

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
This is really frustrating. I thought we can now attach any files to composed emails easily with WP8.1. But yet, it allows selecting of pictures ONLY! I know we can share files to emails via the new Files app, but that's not how things work! Being an enterprise phone as MS claims, how can this most wanted feature is still not available?! Neither we can choose which folder to save attachments to? C'mon MS! :eck:

mathsisbest

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
This is really frustrating. I thought we can now attach any files to composed emails easily with WP8.1. But yet, it allows selecting of pictures ONLY! I know we can share files to emails via the new Files app, but that's not how things work! Being an enterprise phone as MS claims, how can this most wanted feature is still not available?! Neither we can choose which folder to save attachments to? C'mon MS! :eck:

So you know the way to share files via email, but you refuse to use that method.

That logic

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
So you know the way to share files via email, but you refuse to use that method.

That logic

That's not going to work in all situations. What if I want to attach more than one file? What if I want to reply to an email and attach a file? Yes, I can probably make it work with the Sharing option, but it's a workaround, and often a poor one at that.

That logic

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Actually, this is the "old" way of sharing files. If you are in a business environment it is better to share from SharePoint. Share the link to a file or folder. That way you have version history and up-to-date files.

Bad Randy 217

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm with the original poster on this.....complete pain in the a$$ not having the ability to send anything but a damn picture in a reply....or attach more than one file.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxerBoeler