Petition to Verizon!

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
why not ask Microsoft to include lumia firmware in the developers preview program instead? 928 users are still waiting for an update to enable LTE band 4 that for some reason is being blocked, I think its been over a year now, id rather avoid contact with carriers in the first place jezz

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Due to the tech involved in Verizon and Sprint, this isn't possible. AT&T & T-Mobile you can get an unlocked phone.

why not ask Microsoft to include lumia firmware in the developers preview program instead? 928 users are still waiting for an update to enable LTE band 4 that for some reason is being blocked, I think its been over a year now, id rather avoid contact with carriers in the first place jezz

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

I can't offer any insight regarding firmware for DP. I'm using a 928 myself and yes the BT is what I'm most interested in. But, I also want everyone on Verizon to get the update, so I'm only targeting Verizon right now. If it is possible to change future updates and how it is delivered, great, let's worry about that bridge when we get there. Right now, I want to get us updated to the current update.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Due to the tech involved in Verizon and Sprint, this isn't possible. AT&T & T-Mobile you can get an unlocked phone.

I'll admit I don't understand the technical stuff, but seeing that Verizon's phone's are unlocked, your statement doesn't make sense to me.

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
All phones will not work on verizon or sprint unless either carrier provides software keys for the phones. A true CDMA device (prior to LTE) doesn't even have a sim card. So yeah Verzion's LTE phones are unlocked to other carriers but no one can make a phone without verizon's permission that will work on verizon. I believe its some kind of certificate that can't be duplicated. That way its unique to every phone's firmware.

I'll admit I don't understand the technical stuff, but seeing that Verizon's phone's are unlocked, your statement doesn't make sense to me.

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
All phones will not work on verizon or sprint unless either carrier provides software keys for the phones. A true CDMA device (prior to LTE) doesn't even have a sim card. So yeah Verzion's LTE phones are unlocked to other carriers but no one can make a phone without verizon's permission that will work on verizon. I believe its some kind of certificate that can't be duplicated. That way its unique to every phone's firmware.
It's my understanding all LTE-capable phones are "unlocked - all you need is a SIM that works on the carrier's network to use it.Data/SMS may not always be operable. . .

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I've signed this but I can hardly believe its gonna change anything.

LOL, I don't think it will change anything either. I think the only thing that would make a difference is moving off the network, but that isn't happening with my account. Verizon has the best coverage where I live and work.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
LOL, I don't think it will change anything either. I think the only thing that would make a difference is moving off the network, but that isn't happening with my account. Verizon has the best coverage where I live and work.

Re: 11B1P,

Did you sign the petition? You didn't say. We know you think it is hopeless, but signing the petition does no harm and has more of a chance of doing some "good" than not signing.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: 11B1P,

Did you sign the petition? You didn't say. We know you think it is hopeless, but signing the petition does no harm and has more of a chance of doing some "good" than not signing.

LOL, yes, I was the first to sign it, I created it.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Coverage is what matters. Unfortunately I'm in the same boat as you are where Verizon covers this area better. Sprint and T-Mo just don't cut it around here and I'm not a fan of AT&T. Verizon just sucks less.

Edward_g

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
What worries me is the apparent disinterest in WP by Verizon.
No displays or inventory in some stores. Lack of interest by employees. If they aren't interested I wish they'd just say so and I could decide what I want to do.
I went to an at&t store and the WP experience was much better. Plus inventory and phones in stock with the official 8.1.
I hate to switch though. I have three wp's in the family with shared data. Seems like a lot of trouble to switch. But I might.
As far as cyan is concerned that would be great but if they have no sense of urgency in these other areas it won't fix much for very long.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99