Why does OneDrive have Messaging on Skype and Facebook while our WP8.1 devices don't?

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Really I don't understand it. I mean, I know there's some backend stuff, but much like Cortana, they could update it server side, couldn't they? I just feel like the Messaging and People hub had so much potential. It feels so backwards to have to use multiple messenger apps.

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
You mean the ones that literally come preinstalled on Windows phone? Literally useless.
Repetition of a word doesn't mean very much. I'd rather be able to send messages, whether it be Facebook, Skype, or SMS, without an app. Native may have less features but it is better on the battery, and has a better user experience. It you don't care for it, good for you. Some do.

anon(9057135)

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Repetition of a word doesn't mean very much. I'd rather be able to send messages, whether it be Facebook, Skype, or SMS, without an app. Native may have less features but it is better on the battery, and has a better user experience. It you don't care for it, good for you. Some do.

Let me get this straight. You don't want apps, but you want to be able to message from the OneDrive app. OneDrive is a cloud storage. Not a I'm.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
No, I want full featured messaging back in the native app.
If any problems happen in the backend, a whole update to the OS is required. With apps, they can update at anytime. Also new features can be added easily. That's why we will never get native support in hubs anymore. But the new social extensibility plugin feature in the people hub is cool though.if only they had something similar for the messaging hub.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
They're done by different teams, etc etc.
It just happens, I think you're trying to force the comparison that isn't really flying.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3