MS made a new lockscreen app: Tetra lockscreen

SPIFF Costa

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I like the idea but unninstalled it after 2 minutes. Lockscreen CAN'T be sluggish. I want to unlock and use the phone, not wait 2 seconds. But I really like the idea. If we can have a performance boost and more and customizable widgets, this app would be DA BEAST

S640

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
I like the idea but unninstalled it after 2 minutes. Lockscreen CAN'T be sluggish. I want to unlock and use the phone, not wait 2 seconds. But I really like the idea. If we can have a performance boost and more and customizable widgets, this app would be DA BEAST

If you like it and are hoping for updates with performance improvements, why not just disable it but leave it installed? Doing that you'll see the notifications when it's updated and you can just try it again.

SPIFF Costa

May 28, 2014
Visit site
If you like it and are hoping for updates with performance improvements, why not just disable it but leave it installed? Doing that you'll see the notifications when it's updated and you can just try it again.

Yeah, I get what you are saying. I did that with Live Lock Screen Beta and I waited for updates and they never came. So I unninstalled it 5 days ago. I guess what I'm saying is, I don't expect it to have an update soon and even if it does WC will report on it or I'll find out on the forums.

anon(8057870)

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I guess the lag is to catch the location. I see the location symbol at times during unlock.

Update: Removed the map. Now its better , but not perfect

Btw I use Lumia 920

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Not functional at all for me. Black screen for 3 seconds on unlock. Then the default image (autumn leaves). Lumia 625 running cyan. RAM maybe? Should I reset? Really wish I could use this.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
It's neat to play around with for a few minutes but then you realize it's sluggish so you go back to the perfectly fine stock lock screen.

At least it looks a lot better than that other POS live lock screen.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Lock Manager Free is beautiful lockscreen app that I use. Tetra Lockscreen lags and appears to be another copy of live lockscreen beta app. App design was nice, indeed!

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Be careful. I installed it on my 635 and the only thing I could see was a third of the wallpaper and the lockscreen was unresponsive. Waited a while but it never came back. I even rebooted but that didn't help. I had to go through a notification to get the lock code keypad and unlock the phone.

arnark

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Can only choice one photo as a background? I would love if they put the option to have "Bing" photos which changes everyday... I get bored with the same photo :D

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
It works great with my 1520 :) I don't think I see any lag with it.
Still they can't get the notification icon right...

Hope they can improve it and open its API to other dev

Pranshul Sood

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Guyz im unable to install the app. It says developer has not made the app available in your area or your phone is not updated to the latest software. I live in India With l625 Running cyan windows Phone 8.1.1

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I installed it.. liked it. But wished it allowed us to add our own apps. The preconfigured apps are limited. And since I'm not rocking a Lumia device with Sensorcore, i can't use that widget. hey at least we can change the background... all in all, i don't think its ready for prime time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit