Auto-Connect WIFI?

Mike-EEE

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello Community,

I am setting up my Windows Phone 8.1 (HTC One M8) and I have two WIFI access points in my house, one being the primary, the other being an extender.

I am trying to find a way to get my phone to automatically connect to the access point with the strongest signal. Is this even possible?

Thank you,
Michael

broughshane

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't have "M8" and don't use this feature now ! but try settings> WiFi> then WiFi sense, turn on connect to WiFi hotshots > followed by ticking accept terms of use and go from there.. its a feature for on the move (home, work, your local coffee house) and checks, moves your wifi about and should cover your house.

Mike-EEE

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I did see that... but that requires me to connect to unsecure access points, and also to share my location unnecessarily. I'm basically wanting to do the same thing but with my local/defined access points...

broughshane

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Really why I don't use it ! know folk who do and they say its a trade of, for free wifi at the cost, for info on them..(ad departments) the only other is the feature manage in the wifi ? it allows you to use your phone carrier's networks wifi ! which is not much better .. really it comes down to choosing your own wifi manually.. which I do for safety reasons.

Mike-EEE

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
It's really simple, really... I just want to automatically connect to an access point in my registered list of access points that has the strongest signal. Not sure why it has to be so hard. My phone will actually disconnect and say "No Internet" instead of connecting back up for me. I have to go an manually reconnect/manage it. Terrible.

broughshane

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Check the forums here for your phone and wifi settings ! or under bugs. you may see here if its a fault on your phone or the windows OS fault with your phone. But it sounds like a faulty wifi software or hardware manage problem. It should pick up your register list available which its not. If you don't see anything and not happy, I would return the device now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3