IE sync not working

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm having trouble getting IE sync to work between my laptop which runs W8.1 and my 1020 which runs WP8.1.

This has been somewhat of an ongoing problem for me as I have previously struggled to get my bookmarks from IE on the laptop to sync to the phone. I eventually got it working once but when I make changes to the favourites on my laptop, they don't seem to get updated on the phone which is very frustrating.

I tend to use FF as my main browser on my laptop although I make sure I edit my IE favourites folder for syncing purposes.

I thought I'd try the sync tabs feature between devices and whilst I can see the 1020 tabs on the laptop, I'm unable to see the laptop tabs on the 1020. Tabs -> other is empty apart from a message telling me I can 'Pick up where you left off: Internet Explorer tabs open on your other devices will show here.

The sync settings on both devices look good and I've tried restarting both devices a few times to no avail so I'm kinda stumped.

Does anyone have any suggestions to get things working properly please?

Thanks for any help.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Well, I thought things were syncing between the phone and laptop but the laptop is still showing the same tabs that were open yesterday.

This is incredibly frustrating tbh. It looks like my last couple of months on WP are going to be spent feeling pretty peeved at things not working properly. Along with this issue, a few live tiles fail to update. I'm finding that I have to open the apps a few times before things update and that is just counter-productive to the intended convenience of the live tiles. I'm finding the camera app to be a little buggy too. Quite a few times of late, it just freezes with the lens open. Opening and closing do not fix things so I'm left with having to switch the phone off and back on again and by the time that happens, people who are posing for a photo get bored of waiting and whatever wonders of nature I'm photographing have disappeared or the moment has passed.

A soft reset hasn't helped.

Loathe to try a hard reset as I will lose a hell of a lot of app data and game progress.

Would love to hear any more suggestions if possible please.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Managed to get things working by disconnecting my MS account on the laptop and reconnecting it so it probably wasn't something on the phone that was causing it. If anyone else has any problems with IE syncing, it's definitely worth trying before more drastic measures.

So that's one thing off the list sorted... :)

xJustiss

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
What do You mean with disconnecting?
In the System? Where did you do?
Have the same problem...
IE on desktop don't share the tabs with my phone and the option to show tabs from my phone or surface disappeared
IE for Metro same thing...

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
What do You mean with disconnecting?
In the System? Where did you do?
Have the same problem...
IE on desktop don't share the tabs with my phone and the option to show tabs from my phone or surface disappeared
IE for Metro same thing...
Logout and login again.

I should check that too, I'm not able to sync favorites between phone and tablet (both 8.1)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos