Visit site
Probably not, but there are great apps there that do the same thing:

Mytube (better in my opinion)
Here Maps (better in my opinion)
Translate

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I dunno. I gave up every Google service aside from YouTube and found it's not that big of a change.

Outlook / Google Mail
MS Office / Google Drive
Here Maps / Google Maps
Duck Duck Go / Google Search

I guess I'm kind of out of the loop, but you don't need to be a slave to Google.

wpcontinue

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I only complain about YouTube and Translate. The others have better Microsoft alternatives. And no I don't want to use third party apps made by god knows who..

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I would say both MyTube and Metrotube have a solid reputation. For Translate, I don't know... I do use a German/English dictionary, so I have no idea if there's a good alternative to Translate.

Haigs

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I dunno. I gave up every Google service aside from YouTube and found it's not that big of a change.

Outlook / Google Mail
MS Office / Google Drive
Here Maps / Google Maps
Duck Duck Go / Google Search

I guess I'm kind of out of the loop, but you don't need to be a slave to Google.

+1
Same here, i only use youtube and mytube is even better than any official app on any platform.
Dont be afraid to change, i didnt and i am quite happy about it.

Hypnopottamus

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I'll agree with everyone here. Other than Youtube, MS has alternatives to everything else. I use MyTube and as far as translation apps go, I think the best is T-Translator. MS Office is better than Google Drive in my opinion. One Note is AWESOME and Onedrive is a great cloud storage alternative.

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I am aware that you wrote that. I was merely trying to convince you to change your viewpoint given the reputations of both of those apps.

But look, if Windows Phone doesn't have the apps you want and you think it's ugly, why do you use it?

Trill Gates

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Are there even any rumours about Google make their app collection official for WP? YouTube, Translate, Maps.. WTF
Highly doubtful, I'll believe it when I see it. Microsoft as an entire company poses much more of a direct competitive threat to Google than any other company on earth. Everyone thinks Windows Phone irks Google into acting this way, but in reality it's Bing. What used to be a punch line around the Google campus, is now a very credible market share competitor to Google's primary source of revenue (advertisements). Bing doesn't ever need to surpass Google (it wont) but it can be large of enough to throw a wrench in Google's attempt at a search engine monopoly and force Google to continue to innovate to stay one step ahead and has made Google's most secure revenue source no longer able to rest on its laurels.

Bing isn't a joke to Google execs anymore, as a result Google isn't going to play nice. IMO Microsoft needs to pay homage to old school Heisenberg Microsoft of the 70's through 90's and raise their licensing royalties on Google's Android that uses hundreds of different MSFT patents. In other words patent troll them and make the Android OS more expensive for Android OEM's, Microsoft has more leverage here because of all their bespoke patent protected codes they created. Sometimes the Nadella Microsoft is just too polite and nice. Microsoft isn't some small start-up they're an empire... Time to strike back! (see what I did there)

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I am aware that you wrote that. I was merely trying to convince you to change your viewpoint given the reputations of both of those apps.

But look, if Windows Phone doesn't have the apps you want and you think it's ugly, why do you use it?

Exactly, this is the same person who said that ALL Windows Phone apps are ugly and is now complaining about the fact that they don't want to use third party apps for Google services when Google refuse to support WP.

OP here's a tip for you, sell your WP and go buy an Android device!!!

AppSilent

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I don't want to use third party apps made by god knows who..
The author of app is not someone anonymous, at least for dev account registration you must pay with a credit card and MS will know a real contact information about the developer. They can make him troubles if he going to do something wrong to you.

wpcontinue

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Exactly, this is the same person who said that ALL Windows Phone apps are ugly and is now complaining about the fact that they don't want to use third party apps for Google services when Google refuse to support WP.

OP here's a tip for you, sell your WP and go buy an Android device!!!

Yes I am the person that said ALL Windows Phone apps are ugly compared to iOS. To help you, in a different thread i also said ALL WP devices look like toys/plastic bricks (except the HTC One that we all know wont be supported by MS in long terms (see previous HTCs compared to Lumias)). Once again I cannot see where I say Android is on the table on this thread???? Why do you even put it here, you troll? I am owner of WP since the beggining, and never had a phone different than it. I love the OS, i hate the apps or the LACK of apps, and don't like the hardware. Stick with WP only because of the OS itself.

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Bro, do you even read my comments? Third party apps are not an option. I think its time all WP users to stop settling with this mediocre situation and push f*cking Google already..

I am going to break this down for you very simply so that you get it.

Third-party apps are your ONLY options. I'm sorry this bothers you, but don't take your nasty little attitude out on us.

jem - girl bye.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3