It's late November, where's denim?!!!!

Qais Abu-Hasan

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm really sick of it, we're always waiting 4 months to get the update!! And much longer in the US , now android lollipop is out and some OEM are sharing it out , and we're still waiting for a minor OS update , I mean it's not that big or major update!!

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Can remember there were sources claiming it would roll out in October, then they said second half of November. So I checked my calendar today: IT'S ALREADY THE 21TH! ONLY ONE WEEK LEFT! Microsoft didn't even give a release date of some kind, only it would release in 2014 for L930, 1520. So I still hope this is true but I'm giving up each other day we have to wait.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm really sick of it, we're always waiting 4 months to get the update!! And much longer in the US , now android lollipop is out and some OEM are sharing it out , and we're still waiting for a minor OS update , I mean it's not that big or major update!!
Do you have a 930 or 1520? If yes..aww.. If no, dev preview. There's nothing for you in denim

Qais Abu-Hasan

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Can remember there were sources claiming it would roll out in October, then they said second half of November. So I checked my calendar today: IT'S ALREADY THE 21TH! ONLY ONE WEEK LEFT! Microsoft didn't even give a release date of some kind, only it would release in 2014 for L930, 1520. So I still hope this is true but I'm giving up each other day we have to wait.

Ugh so we still have to wait 😣

TrickyDee42

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
O2 in the UK have said that the update has not been pushed to them yet by MS, but that they are hoping for early January.

:crying: but at least its some definite information :smile:

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
We've had like 3 major updates in the past 12 months, much more than iOS and Android combined. Don't worry we'll get it very soon! :D

My mom's 730 has the Denim update and it's really smooth. Not sure if it's the phone but I have the 1520 and I think the 730 runs smoother.

What I'm more excited for is the Windows 10 preview for phones!

anon(9174535)

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
We've had like 3 major updates in the past 12 months, much more than iOS and Android combined. Don't worry we'll get it very soon! :D

My mom's 730 has the Denim update and it's really smooth. Not sure if it's the phone but I have the 1520 and I think the 730 runs smoother.

What I'm more excited for is the Windows 10 preview for phones!
Updates from microsoft its obligation not gift like people would think....first it's 18month cycle support ;WP still lack some stuff & getting polished in certain areas ; but I do hate the **** of waiting ..why keeping us waiting like this even release that update at once for every body without giving dates but that act of non given dates (4Q) & release update for certain devices ....that's super pathetic

primortal

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
We Verizon customers cannot even get Cyan yet let alone Denim. It would really be a smack in the face when Denim is released and we still don't have Cyan. What bothers me even more with the Icon even get Denim....

anon(9174535)

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
True they acting like its I don't know it NASA PROJECT ....plus be certain denim & lumia camera as update will have for sure bugs!!!
Fast camera & hey cortana & etc etc will for sure have dramatic bugs like battery Consumption or some major bug like always its been ��
I have l930 & pics are like **** in auto mode i shot great pics using manual mode but most of time I don't have time to setup setting in camera & shoot the proper moment ������ i 90% miss it out that a toal disgrace my gf 5s shoot better in auto mode even l930 is better ....just 8 words "microsoft you are pathetic with this slow movements"

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
As long as its here by 11:59:59 on December 31st, 2014, it's on time! Moaning, Groaning Wailing , Gnashing of teeth, before that date and time will NOT hurry up the process. Save your energy for things you have some control over. Otherwise the holiday season may be dashed!

Daniel Olsen

May 3, 2013
Visit site
True they acting like its I don't know it NASA PROJECT ....plus be certain denim & lumia camera as update will have for sure bugs!!!
Fast camera & hey cortana & etc etc will for sure have dramatic bugs like battery Consumption or some major bug like always its been ��
I have l930 & pics are like **** in auto mode i shot great pics using manual mode but most of time I don't have time to setup setting in camera & shoot the proper moment ������ i 90% miss it out that a toal disgrace my gf 5s shoot better in auto mode even l930 is better ....just 8 words "microsoft you are pathetic with this slow movements"

I think it's trying to communicate with us! Lol

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

If Android users threw their phones off a bridge, would you throw yours after it?

Would you rather have a good update or a fast one? The pace of Windows Phone updates is fine. Have a bit of patience for crying in the mud. If you go to our sister sites you hear the exact same thing. When is my update? When is my update? When is my update? It's a universal complaint across all Operating Systems. At least with Windows Phone the vast majority gets the update. How many Android handsets get one update if lucky and then silence? Those OEMs have to push out new models like litters of kittens and they always let the runts starve to death. Apple drops a model off from support every upgrade cycle and ensures you overspend for hardware constantly.

Not a major update? The features change list between 8.1.1 and Denim when combined comprise a long list. Go and look at the articles here about the two again. AND it is going to implement all new APIs and leverage your chipset better for advances in efficiency, productivity and features possible. Not a major update? OK...

A watched pot never boils and you are actually waiting for a rich stew to finish simmering.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Just had update madness for Cyan, now its Denim. And after Denim comes, it'll be waiting for something else. At some point its better to just sit back and enjoy the phone rather than fixating on updates that we know are coming, crying about it wont make it appear any faster.

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
who cares about Denim....nothing new there ..unless they are including passive voice activation. but that is only for the phones with s 800 processor. How about making a new high end phone...that will actually run the entire update and the ones to come in the future

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
who cares about Denim....nothing new there ..unless they are including passive voice activation. but that is only for the phones with s 800 processor. How about making a new high end phone...that will actually run the entire update and the ones to come in the future

1520 will run every bit of 8.1.1 + Denim... Just sayin'.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism