Is it me or are there no more exciting news about WP?

Alij382

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Not more than a year ago I remember looking forward to each new week as a week filled with a lot of news about updates, apps, devices, features. Every week there had to be at least one new exciting thing. Whether it's a facebook update or a new device leak. Now every week is progressively slower than the previous. News are so slow, no app news, slow updates.

What is happening?

CGA111

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I agree, the WP news on this site is fewer and far between these days as are my visits here. For a non US citizen who doesn't care about the US carrier related news and whining it's even less interesting.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I don't think if they are in a mood to release update 2. They seem to have shifted their focus towards windows 10 for pc.

Since Windows 10 is essentially the same OS on PC's, Tablets, Phones they have to do them in tandem. Who knows what the part of the team focused on the Phone and Consumer releases are working on at the moment. The only thing we have seen from Windows 10 so far has been what the enterprise side is doing. We will find out what they have been cooking in due course.

Trill Gates

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Not more than a year ago I remember looking forward to each new week as a week filled with a lot of news about updates, apps, devices, features. Every week there had to be at least one new exciting thing. Whether it's a facebook update or a new device leak. Now every week is progressively slower than the previous. News are so slow, no app news, slow updates.

What is happening?
I've become disenchanted after Microsoft broke my heart with the McLaren cancelation. Even though I know a flagship phone similar to that eventually will come, I now take all WP related rumors with a grain of salt.

LumiAss

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
No more exciting and interesting thing in WP. All we have is about hope. Hope something exciting comes. But MS will never make it happen. Slow support in WP.
MS realize that WP can't compete with another os. So they're lazy to update their own os.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site

What is happening?

Excuse my Spanglish. But I think is you.

There is alot of exciting stuff happening around here. Hmm lets see.

1. Windows Phone HTC One M8 now available at ATT and T-Mobile.

2. The affordable Lumia 830 making headlines news.

3. Battery saver updated. I don't know about you. But finally I can use my Lumia with out recharging for 12hrs.

4. Windows 10 available for download for those who want it.

5. And lots more. Sorry I can't list them all. The list is to long to list every single one on this thread,

Oh one last thing you better get up to speed with ICYMI from Windows Central.

There is plenty of interesting stuff happening around here or maybe is just me ;-).

Last edited:

gizzzmo

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
More details about Windows 10 running on phones may be announced in April 2015, but I doubt it will be actually running on our phones before autumn 2015. Look at WP 8.1 - still unavailable for so many users.

Windows Phone has been boring fit nearly a year now. No flagships, no excitement, no headlines. It's pathetic how they announce something like Windows 10 a year before majority of phone users will be able to put their hands on it. Nothing feasible in the meantime. Nothing.

Last edited:

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Uh... We've gotten 5 or 6 updates for our OS this year... It's more than any other year. And you're complaining about "no headlines" and in the next sentence you complain that they aren't announcing anything yet... How does that work?

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Excuse my Spanglish. But I think is you.

There is alot of exciting stuff happening around here. Hmm lets see.

1. Windows Phone HTC One M8 now available at ATT and T-Mobile.

2. The affordable Lumia 830 making headlines news.

3. Battery saver updated. I don't know about you. But finally I can use my Lumia with out recharging for 12hrs.

4. Windows 10 available for download for those who want it.

5. And lots more. Sorry I can't list them all. The list is to long to list every single one on this thread,

Oh one last thing you better get up to speed with ICYMI from Windows Central.

There is plenty of interesting stuff happening around here or maybe is just me ;-).

You only listed one thing that applied, the 830.

Windows 10 can't be downloaded for phones.

A carrier deciding to offer a phone is not exciting good news, its a perpetuation of an atrocity. If Shell refused to sell you gas if you had a certain kind of car would you praise them if they finally stooped to do so?

You getting better battery life is exciting news?

I think you convinced me the OP is right! LoL

VS729

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Patience is what we all should have... WP has come a loooong way.... Nd still has leaps and bounds to go....ms cancelled McLaren that doesn't mean they aren't working on something new ...may be something even better than McLaren... See how spontaneously the Ms Band was launched the whole health program from,Ms...the integration between all stuff windows....the possibilities are opening up like crazy....but yes we will have to wait....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3