Black vs White. Which theme do you use?

omer620

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
This is epicest question of alll the time. Black theme vs White theme. Which one do you use?

IMO White theme looks very good in red 1320

So the question is simple (third time to ask :D)
Which one do you prefer?

her3814

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I prefer white on my Lumia 630 specially for outdoors.. I can use it with lees bright so is less battery consumer..
Enviado desde mi Windows Phone usando Tapatalk

omer620

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I prefer white on my Lumia 630 specially for outdoors.. I can use it with lees bright so is less battery consumer..
Actually white theme is not a battery eater unless you got AMOLED screen ( 1020 , 930 , 925 ,920 (maybe 820, I don't know)) In AMOLED screen white theme can cause an unfriendly battery life

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I use dark theme, since I use my device most frequently in areas not brightly lit, like my living room whilst watching TV.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk

her3814

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
That's why I use my 630 on white.. First I like it.. Second in sunlight conditions I can read my screen better using less bright.. With medium configuration I see the screen contents fine.. But in black theme I barely see with high bright.. And having known that it's the same white than black I use white in medium and I'm happy 😊 hehe

Beppe Gissi

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Always on white on my 630, it looks way more beautiful! I've tried spending some days on black theme and didn't notice any difference with battery consumption.

Trill Gates

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I have used black for about 90% of my time using WP. White doesn't look as good with the transparent tiles IMO, looks like a cut up magazine picture. However before 8.1 I used white alot on my old phone a white Nokia 928, with cyan or green tiles and the text message thread looked kinda like iOS.

Hypnopottamus

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I have an older Lumia 820 device with the original Clear Black Display (which is hardware + software based as opposed to the newer software based only Clear Black). I use the black theme and readability in sunlight is excellent. There is an article explaining the changes made to Clear Black technology here:
When a brand name outlives its founding technology: PureView and CBD

I much prefer the Clear Black that used polarized filters on the screen along with software algorithms as opposed to software only based Clear Black in the newer generation Lumias.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
the thought of setting the white theme for outdoor use has crossed my mind a few times, but it wont bring anything useful in my case, being amoled means it will eat more battery specially in outdoors where it cranks up the brightness, and I have no problem using it under any conditions, to be honest, it looks even better outdoors with the brightness at whatever setting it goes on auto under a clear sky :p

btw I hate Skype & fb messenger for their white backgrounds, why cant these suckers get along with wp and use the damn theme you've set? like wasap

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Also prefer the black theme. Wish the keyboard was a tad bit darker though. I remember back in Windows Phone 7 when the email app used the white theme and I absolutely despised it.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I use Black because it apparently saves battery life, but given I get two days out of my 1020 I might try white for a week and see what happens. My main worry is during the evening, where I might get blinded by my AMOLED screen :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3