Data sense keeps bugging me

mj0

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Whenever I'm near my preconfigured data limit (I guess as soon as I hit 10% remaining) data sense keeps bugging me with tons of messages informing me thusly. I've managed to turn off the notification sound because this message sometimes appears as often as once a minute, sometimes every two to three minutes and sometimes I don't see anything for hours.

Is there a setting for this? I'd be fine with a single notification that I've reached 90% and be done with it. Is that possible?

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Nope. That's built-in to the OS. Best thing to do is to set an increased data limit. It really won't matter because you will still know how close to the actual limit you are.

Source: I do that too. My monthly 3G is 1.5gigs...then switches to 2G which in my country is next to nothing at all. I've set the data sense at 2gigs. No biggie.

mj0

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, at this point I'm actually considering turning it off altogether. My provider sends me an SMS soon as I've reached my limit anyway.

Still, it doesn't make sense. What's the point of reminding me that I'm near my data limit every two minutes? Surely whoever designed this software must have had an idea but I just don't get it.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo