Phone gets stuck when apps are installing

Prateek Kumar

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia 525 and I have noticed that my phone gets stuck when apps are installing. This is really very annoying as I can't use my phone whenever an app is getting installed and it takes a lot of time for apps to get installed.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia 525 and I have noticed that my phone gets stuck when apps are installing. This is really very annoying as I can't use my phone whenever an app is getting installed and it takes a lot of time for apps to get installed.

Don't worry its normal, same happens on my L735 with 1Gb. It takes up alot of ram when an app is being installed.

Prateek Kumar

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Don't worry its normal, same happens on my L735 with 1Gb. It takes up alot of ram when an app is being installed.

But it's really annoying and frustrating. Not able to use your phone when in need. Or you are in the middle of doing something and your phone gets stuck.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
But it's really annoying and frustrating. Not able to use your phone when in need. Or you are in the middle of doing something and your phone gets stuck.

Yeah I guess. It doesn't always happen to me, only when installing really big files like games around 500mb+ to my SD card, however a very fast one.

Ozzy1320

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure if your phone has a more deeper issue but I have read when ever an app is being updated your phone will either temporarily disable the app functionality or probably the phone it self.

Anand PH

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I think SanDisk ultra is a class 10 UHS1 card. Try a non UHS1 card and the problem should vanish. I had issues with a UHS1 card on my 1320 which was solved with a class 10 non UHS1 card

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I think SanDisk ultra is a class 10 UHS1 card. Try a non UHS1 card and the problem should vanish. I had issues with a UHS1 card on my 1320 which was solved with a class 10 non UHS1 card

I'm getting this issue with my Lumia 1320... It's a constant battle when installing apps to SD card. But I have a class 4 SanDisk 32gig card. It seems this phone is overly sensitive to SD cards types... Feel my pain!!! 😭

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
A class 4 is to "slow" try a class 10.
I had a class 4 and even if I took a short video it took many seconds before it stored the video.
When I changed it to a class 10 I did not have this lagging.
With a class 10 I did not see a difference between the time it took to store on SD and internal memory.

You should try to compare the time I takes to store on SD and internal memory.

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
A class 4 is to "slow" try a class 10.
I had a class 4 and even if I took a short video it took many seconds before it stored the video.
When I changed it to a class 10 I did not have this lagging.
With a class 10 I did not see a difference between the time it took to store on SD and internal memory.

You should try to compare the time I takes to store on SD and internal memory.

Yeah I know its a slow class.. But it doesn't change the fact that this particular device is picky like a child at a dinner table, when it comes to SD cards. I swear this phone is female.. Lol

Makm

May 15, 2014
Visit site

UHS-1 cards are better than class 10 cards. Why will there be a problem?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Actual Windows phones do not use the "UHS" part. Because the do not have the UHS bus interface.

Speed Class, designated as Class 2, 4, 6 and 10, is designed for normal and high speed bus interface (mode) and UHS Speed Classes 1 and 3 are designed for UHS bus interface.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3