Was there a scheduled New Lumia Camera Update?

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
New Lumia Camera Update

I Got a new Lumia Camera update this morning. Size about 15 MB on my L1020 with Cyan 8.1 Update on DP. Is there any news about what is new? Why no posts on WP central about this?

hamka787

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: New Lumia Camera Update

I on Lumia 525 receive that update as well just now. It's 15MB, I have updated earlier on about a month ago when Nokia Camera changed to Lumia Camera. But this one is a newer update, also 15MB...it says 4.9.2.1 as well... Location:- Malaysia.

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site

I on Lumia 525 receive that update as well just now. It's 15MB, I have updated earlier on about a month ago when Nokia Camera changed to Lumia Camera. But this one is a newer update, also 15MB...it says 4.9.2.1 as well... Location:- Malaysia.

before version was 4.9.1.2 and updated version was 4.9.2.1..May be your eyes decieved you

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site

This being said (I had the same update on the 1020), people are reporting a FW update on the 830 and a Lumia Camera (non Classic) update subsequent to the FW update. Rich capture button would be visible but inactive. Anybody can confirm (830 required)?

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site

of course eventually its going to hit all the devices but when is that is the important question...

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site

Lumia camera without classic is for non pureview phones. So doesn't really matter which updates they get, it wont be the Lumia camera with the new features.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site

Lumia Camera v5 is already out: (in French) [Mise ? jour] Lumia Camera mise ? jour (5.0.1.11), sur 830! | Nokia Day

Lumia 830 received a FW update yesterday (in France at least), and subsequently Lumia Camera (not classic) was updated to 5.0

New options are there, but are greyed and disabled, or side apps are missing.

You're saying Lumia Camera is updated to Version 5.0 could you show us were you see this ? There was an update 26/11/2014 but not to V.5.0 as you can see in the store (France)
http://www.windowsphone.com/fr-fr/store/app/lumia-camera/bfd2d954-12da-415c-ad99-69a20f101e04

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site

You're saying Lumia Camera is updated to Version 5.0 could you show us were you see this ? There was an update 26/11/2014 but not to V.5.0 as you can see in the store (France)
Lumia Camera | Store Applications+Jeux Windows Phone (France)

It depends on your device. If I check that page, as I have a 1020, I won't see 5.0

More and more French 830 users are reporting having received 5.0 after a Denim update; they add that most of the new options are disabled.

It's not a fake, I can garantee that. The French blogs are the equivalent of WC, I mean, they are not noob or rumours based click sites ^_^

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site

It depends on your device. If I check that page, as I have a 1020, I won't see 5.0

More and more French 830 users are reporting having received 5.0 after a Denim update; they add that most of the new options are disabled.

It's not a fake, I can garantee that. The French blogs are the equivalent of WC, I mean, they are not noob or rumours based click sites ^_^
I opened that link with no device attached..."I can guarantee it" is more that just saying it's so, all you need is a screen shot showing 5.0, if not it might be similar to those who insisted that they had the Denim firmware on an older device, it was an error. WC has been (often) wrong before and it's a blog, and being a blog is hardly a great endorsement for the truth. French blogs suffer the same thing blogs do everywhere, a credibility gap. Blogs are where fact checking isn't the first criteria before an article is posted, a New York Times it's not. Not all of the articles on WC are fact checked and it doesn't stop staff from posting misinformation even if it's an innocent error.

It might be true, but "show me the money", saying so doesn't make it so.
"The French blogs are the equivalent of WC" says it all.:straight:

Last edited:

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site

Now mate I won't fight here since you obviously have a problem with non US sources. You don't know what you're talking about; the French sites I follow do not copy paste other blogs rumours. Both have used their own 830, their screenshots are personal and they have no track record of reporting sensational leaks just to get more clicks. They often write personal analysis, etc. that I don't see anywhere else. It is not nokiapoweruser or other crap sites.

And they work like here : articles and forums. Other 830 users in the forums have shared the same experience. They have Lumia Camera v5, the magic wand is disabled, some side apps (Moment Capture) are missing.

So I do not think French WP information sites have a problem of credibility; you obviously are biased and are judging without even have checked these sites or their track record.

Now, just for you, I might ask on of these guys to provide a screenshot of the version; in the meanwhile, you could check the sites below and see that the UI is different (magic wand).

If you read French, look here: Mise ? jour firmware + Lumia Camera disponible pour le Lumia 830 - Mon Windows Phone and specially the comments. It's first hand information.

And here too: [Mise ? jour] Lumia Camera mise ? jour (5.0.1.11), sur 830! | Nokia Day Again, first hand information, it's their own screenshot.

EDIT: As requested, here's the "about" page of the new lumia Camera https://twitter.com/NokiaDay/status/539008317683933184/photo/1

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3