Question regarding WP8.1 Xbox Video

Usama Jawad96

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi all!
I have a question regarding Xbox 🎮 Video transactions on WP8.1 which may sound noob-ish.
Thing is, I've never purchased any video through the app before and I want to purchase South Park's Black Friday Trilogy for $3.99 now.
My question is that, if I buy the movie, will I be able to download and watch,offline as well, or will I be able to watch it with an internet connection only?
The same question I have regarding buying Season passes,if I buy the Walking dead season 5 pass for $28,will I be able to download the videos anytime and watch them offline?
My third and final question is, if I end up buying these videos on WP8.1,will I also be able to watch/download them anytime I want on my Windows 8 laptop as well?

I would be very grateful if you could answer at least some of these queries clearly since this is my first time.
Thanks in advance! :)

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
One more thing to remember, Video downloads are limited on Xbox Video. I do believe that you can only download a movie or an episode 5 times. If you need to download it more than that, you are out of luck. It will be streaming only after that.

Usama Jawad96

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
One more thing to remember, Video downloads are limited on Xbox Video. I do believe that you can only download a movie or an episode 5 times. If you need to download it more than that, you are out of luck. It will be streaming only after that.

Wth?Really?Why would that be? :eek: I already bought South Park:Black Friday Trilogy :eek:

Usama Jawad96

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Yes really. Something to do with licensing I'm sure.

Yeah,dammit,you were right. :( After approximately 5 times, I can download the video again but as soon as I close the app, the download's gone as well,which means it's basically useless now since I'm more interested in offline viewing. Waste of $4.23(incl.taxes) :(
Thanks for the headsup though,won't buy any more videos from Xbox Video.

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Yeah,dammit,you were right. :( After approximately 5 times, I can download the video again but as soon as I close the app, the download's gone as well,which means it's basically useless now since I'm more interested in offline viewing. Waste of $4.23(incl.taxes) :(
Thanks for the headsup though,won't buy any more videos from Xbox Video.

I'm glad that you only lost a few bucks. I lost hundreds when both my computers crashed and I had to redownload everything. This is another reason I don't purchase movies online any more.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3