Windows Phone 8.1 hides phone calls (minimizes/whatever) when WP7 didn't. How do I switch back?

stoneysilence

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Anybody know if it's possible to revert phone call behaviour back to like it was in WP7? I HATE that it minimizes calls now and it's troublesome for my father as well, we have found it a nuisance to click on the banner to bring it back up and then have to hit disconnect/hang up/whatever. Especially annoying when one handed.

I prefer the old Windows Phone 7 way where it didn't hide the call unless you told it to.

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Anybody know if it's possible to revert phone call behaviour back to like it was in WP7? I HATE that it minimizes calls now and it's troublesome for my father as well, we have found it a nuisance to click on the banner to bring it back up and then have to hit disconnect/hang up/whatever. Especially annoying when one handed.

I prefer the old Windows Phone 7 way where it didn't hide the call unless you told it to.

Normally it doesn't..... If you answer the call and go and press the Start button. It'll bring you out of the phone call screen. Even if you close the screen, once you press it back on it should go back to the phone call screen. So I'm not sure how you got out of it without touching anything.

stoneysilence

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
It does for me on my Lumia 920 and on my fathers Lumia 520. I answer the call put it up to my ear and when I am done I look at the screen and the call is minimized to a bar at the top.

stoneysilence

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
No, I am not hitting the Windows button. I just did a test with all my fingers on the edge of the phone and just held it up to my ear with the speaker out where I can see and it auto minimized it.

We both have ATT, I have a Lumia 920, my father has a Lumia 520 (ATT GoPhone whatever one that is).

We both have the latest updates from ATT on 8.1. I am running 8.10.12393.890

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
This is not normal behavior based on any change in software. I have a Trophy, 822, 928 and an Icon and none of them put the call screen on the banner unless I hit the Windows button to multi-task.

Now, there may be a glitch in your phones, but the software is not designed to go to the banner when you answer a call.

MatH si

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same problem on Lumia 920. It doesn't happen always and I haven't figured out yet what triggers it. So far I noticed that it can happen when answering and when dialing. When I move the phone away to end call the phone is displaying the same screen as just before I dialed or answered. This means that I find my self in contact display when dialing or in whatever I was doing before answering. In both cases there's a banner of active call and I have to tap it to get back to dialing screen and end call if the other arty hasn't hang up already.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3