Can I connect an USB mouse and keyboard to a WP8.1 phone?

simplex1

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Can I connect an USB mouse and keyboard to a WP8.1 phone?
USB Hub for smartphones.jpg
It appears that using a hub, at least theoretically, it is possible to connect, to an WP8.1 phone, an USB keyboard, mouse, power source, and a laptop with "Project My Screen" installed, something similar to what can be seen in the attached picture. Such a trick would transform a Windows smartphone in a small computer good for browsing the internet, for example. It would be desirable to have something like Miracast or an USB to VGA or HDMI converter to completely eliminate the laptop but even a PC is needed I will be interested to know that Windows phones really work with external mice, keyboards and monitors.

simplex1

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately WP doesn't support USB yet, we hope Windows 10 will give us everything we would need
When I bought my Nokia Lumia 520 last year, I found in its box an USB cable which I have used to transfer files between my laptop and the phone and starting from yesterday to display my phone screen on the laptop.
What do you mean by "WP doesn't support USB yet"?

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
In order to support USB peripherals, you need USB OTG support. I don't think it is in 8.1. There was some rumor about it but ultimately MS didn't ship it with 8.1 release.

sholokov

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
USB OTG is only supported on newer devices (e.g Lumia 950, 950 XL etc.) running Windows 10 Phone.

With USB OTG, you can plug a mouse or keyboard. Or both, through a hub. Continuum can run wirelessly, if you have a comparatively new Smart TV (Miracast/DLNA Options).

Rajnish Choudhary

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
Please send me reply how can we use Lumia 640xl as a computer. I also want to use usb mouse and keyboard with this product. I have already updated this phone in windows 10. I also want to use this product with PC monitor. Please reply about process.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Please send me reply how can we use Lumia 640xl as a computer. I also want to use usb mouse and keyboard with this product. I have already updated this phone in windows 10. I also want to use this product with PC monitor. Please reply about process.
You can't use USB mice or keyboards with that phone. Bluetooth ones I think though.

But you can't put it on a PC monitor easily.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720