Group text: Can't send. Try again?

jeff92k7

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Running into an issue with my Lumia 1520. Running 8.1, Lumia Cyan, AT&T locked phone.

I am unable to send new group text messages. I immediately get a message saying "Can't send. Try again?" No matter how many times I tap on "try again" I get the same error.

I understand that group messages are sent as MMS and not SMS. I have no problems sending SMS or MMS to single recipients. Further, I have no problems replying to group MMS messages sent from other people. I just can't start a new group MMS.

Googling has been much less than helpful as I fall down a rabbit hole of MMS APN issues and other similar but unhelpful issues.

Further, I know that going into messaging settings and turning off "group text" will allow the group message to be sent (but only as broken up SMS messages).

Is there any resolution to this issue? How can I successfully send new group MMS messages?

lugomartha

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
I own a nokia lumina 830 and a can't send out a group text. It's a brand new phone I've only had for 3 months and was able to utilize this feature before...so disappointed :( Can someone help me with answers or guide me as to what I should do, THANKS!

Joan Perry

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

Try sending to less people, and it will work. For example, I was trying to send to 16 recipients and it didn't work, but I changed the number to 10 of them instead and it sent the message. Therefore, I divided my group into two groups to get them all sent.

faisal naseer1

Oct 9, 2017
Visit site
Same problem. I'm Using Lumia 640 with Window 10, when I send text messages to multiple contacts its show error and message couldn't be send..
Can't Send, try again..
Please Fix it as soon as possible

faisal naseer1

Oct 9, 2017
Visit site
Same problem. I'm Using Lumia 640 with Window 10, when I send text messages to multiple contacts its show error and message couldn't be send..
Can't Send, try again..

jeff92k7

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Can't Send, try again..

This was a two year old thread about Window 8.1. You might want to contact Microsoft, your carrier, or post in the Windows 10 forums.

I resolved the issue with my Windows phone by switching to iPhone a long time ago.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster