GPS not working (DP, 830, Denim)

Roger Deep

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 830 here. DP as today is 8.10.14219.341 with Denim.

I had not tested the GPS before, but today I decided to use the GPS. And both Here Drive+ and Cycle Tracks GPS can't get the position.

I turned it off and on, close programs, open, etc. Today is clear sky but pretty cold, like 4 degrees here in Portugal. Pretty cold indeed with a little wind...

But with a clear sky I expected to get the GPS signal fast as it did before and as my 620 did, like in a few seconds.

Anyone else having the same problem?

Thanks.

Roger Deep

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your answer but It worked today.

Turned the GPS on, open Cycle... works. It took 3 seconds, yes three seconds to catch the GPS signal. Close, open Here Drive+, 0, 1, 2 and GPS ok.

WDF?

It is clear sky but at home, turned GPS back on, open drive+... and 2 seconds, GPS signal ok and points on my street.

Yesterday it did not worked. I tried several times, restarted the phone, etc. Today is normal and amazingly fast.

Confused. :( ~)

Roger Deep

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Bad news. Yesterday GPS was dead again.

So, I have to figure it way this happens because it looks like a bug. I turned it ON now and opened Drive+ and wow, it got the GPS position in 2 seconds. And yes, it is correct. Cycle track GPS shows the correct position too and it takes like 3 seconds to get it.

WDF? My conclusion for now it is the following: it does not work on Saturdays nor Tuesdays.

Ramesh Dimba

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
GPS is not working on my Lumia 928 after the Denim update. First it took long time to get GPS and then when using Mi Coach, it had tough time tracking and kept saying GPS lost and GPS found and just did not track any movement. Both Nokia Drive, and Navigon can find where I am but cannot track any movement and then it says "Finding GPS..".

I hard reset and did Lumia Recovery twice and still the same problem!

Any ideas how to fix this?

..Ramesh

Miguel Agrela

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi there Roger! Im portuguese and I have my lumia 830 with the same problems, did you find solutions? I had a lumia 620 with no problems at all! Please answer me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos