Latest Glance Screen Update Limits Lock Screen Apps

cre8tivspirit

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I woke up to a notice on my L830 (Preview for Developers is active) this morning that there was an update to the Glance screen and I needed to restart the phone. Once I did, I found out that my Amazing Weather HD app will no longer work in the background. I could only choose between Weather or Health and Fitness app to run in the background now. Apparently, the Glance Screen no longer likes any of my other apps. Has anyone else received the update and noticed that their "Background App" option on Glance Screen is grayed out?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This is not new... And not part of what got updated today. I too got the update this AM and rebooted to install it.

What you are mentioning though has been there (for me) for about a month.

The limited choices are what Lock Screen can forward to Glance... Amazing Weather HD still works just fine on my Lock Screen. If, instead of Amazing, you select Health and Fitness or Weather as your lockscreen detail... Settings > lock screen >Background - you can then enable it in Settings > glance screen > background app (no longer grayed out).

I've found that I have to have the live tile on my Start to get the info on Lock Screen and thus forwarded to Glance.

You can then switch back to Amazing Weather HD and it will work on Lock Screen just as before.

​As I said, though. I had these options before. Maybe a bug fix pushed today for that feature?

cre8tivspirit

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Something changed because I've always been able to Amazing Weather HD from my Glance screen in the past. It was only this morning that it didn't work for me.

wingnutsmith

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes, there is an issue with the latest glance update. My background app was MSN weather. It would show on the glance screen. But since the glance update, it no longer shows and my lock screen, which was MSN weather does no give me the weather anymore. In the glance options the app is on, out is on in the lock screen, but it is not working on glance or on the lock screen. This only happened after the glance update. I think there is an issue with the update....

Raphyni

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I cant open the glance settings in my phone. It says i need to update the app whereas, its already been updated. Zzzz. Someone help pls?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I've found that I have to have the live tile on my Start to get the info on Lock Screen and thus forwarded to Glance.

Interesing, I have Amazing weather HD pinned to my start screen and MSN weather set as my lock screen app for glance. Didn't need to go through a roundabout method to it working :p as it just worked.

Images below, the photo's were taken with my little sisters iphone 4s (everything on Auto, for those who are curious :p)

Glance Screen + MSN Weather & Bg.jpg

Screenshot showing amazing weather hd pinned.

wp_ss_20141218_0001.png

I have noticed a glitch which occurs sporadically, posted in the defects thread - link below / image attached for quick reference:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8-1/299673-11.htm#post2902617

Edit: Sorry to have hijacked the thread , just wanted to put this out there in case anyone thought that behaviour was normal :winktongue:

Attachments

• Glance Glitch.jpg
    Glance Glitch.jpg
    424.7 KB · Views: 15

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb