Alleged Lumia 1030 & 1530 coming Feb 2015 by At&t rep

suresh419

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
So as most of you know, there isn't a flagship this season for all of us wanting to upgrade from our 920, 1020 or even 1520. I had the 920, then the 1020 and a couple of months ago when the 830 was announced and they said no more flagships this year (2014) I went ahead and got me the 1520 Hulk!

My wife was also having slow downs on her 1020 so we went to At&t last night to get her a 1520 or M8. We spoke to the At&t rep about how we like windows phones and during the conversation he basically talked us out into upgrading, he spoke something around the lines like such:

"Don't upgrade now, stay with your 1020 still Feb, we've had a couple of inside announcements that there will be a windows phone "phablet" upgrade and also an upgrade for the camera one". I asked, "are you confirming me there's going to be an 1520 or 1030 later next year". He said " I can't comment on exact models, but there will be some and its worth the wait. Obviously, we are not supposed to tell you this because we need to make a sell".
Myself being a WP fan and following all blogs about it found it a bit skeptical, I then told him " I do follow all news leaks, I am a Microsoft partner and following WP on a daily basis, I'm sure there must be a leak around this if you are so casually telling me". He said again "well, that's all I can say; and I am saying that it will be worth the wait".
We both thought about it, and came to the conclusion to keep her with the 1020 for now. I mean, Feb is not that far and we didn't wanted to waste the upgrade... then again we have been waiting since August to get an upgrade... here's to waiting again.

So there you have it guys. I don't know what to grade this on the rumor level. Though I am sure a new 1530 and a 1030 "mcLaren" are coming next year but we all thought it was around the time Windows 10 deputs which is about July or August. If you have any more information on this please leave a comment. Thank you.

several potatos

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Dude, phone reps are never in the know this far ahead. Phone reps never know anything before the public. We're at the bottom of the company and we're not even often trusted with keys to the phone locker (where unsold phoned are kept). Do you think that a phone rep would be told insider MS info?
Those people were just making stuff up, or (at best) repeating misunderstood rumors.

Nobody with any real credibility has said anything confirming these new handsets.

Chill!

suresh419

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
That's why im on the fence... I keep myself upto date on all these things and if evleaks o even this site doesn't say anything i dont believe it... Yet he sounded so convincing, like he actually convinced me not to buy him a phone; why would he do that??

Maybe u r right, mis-interpreted rumors...

Btw, at which company do you in, att too?

several potatos

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I work at T-Mobile. Anyway, dude, he probably was in a lazy mood. Handset sales aren't a huge commission, so if he was tired he would have just said something to kill the sale.

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I am still with the 920 and eagerly awaiting a worthy upgrade. I doubt we will see new flagship models before Windows 10 for Phones is released. Also bear in mind that Tom Warren commented on twitter a couple or so days ago that those waiting a new flagship are in for a wait.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I was grabbing my wife a 1020 in July and asked the manager of one of the corporate AT&T stores about any news of holiday phones, and he said there was mention In a meeting of some sort of a high end Nokia device, and a high end HTC device by Christmas... Well the HTC one did come (M8) and the Nokia one was cancelled (McLaren) so there could be something to this, who knows though.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
He said " I can't comment on exact models, but there will be some and its worth the wait. Obviously, we are not supposed to tell you this because we need to make a sell".
Is it true AT&T is better off making a sell? It could depend on who they are talking to. If someone is paying for their phone and service and eligible for a "free" upgrade, wouldn't AT&T benefit from that customer continuing to overpay for the old phone than give them any new phone for the same monthly fee?

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
February is very close at hand. I say it would be worth it to wait at least until the 1st of March to see what's on the horizon. I personally have been thinking that AT&T knows there are upgrades coming for both 1020 and 1520, because of the way they have discontinued selling both online, and have been selling them out of the local stores without replacing them. It's called, "getting rid of the old stock before the new model comes in." It keeps them from having to sell the old ones at a reduced rate in order to get rid of them after the upgrades come in, which would cost them money.

No offense to several potatos intended, but I don't think TMobile reps are going to get briefed on it. TMobile doesn't treat the WP ecosystem the same way as AT&T does. AT&T corporate keeps their reps better informed than TMobile or Sprint. Verizon does somewhat, but mostly only on the flagships from Android and iPhone products, as they just don't give any love to WP.

I find this report somewhat credible. Enough so to say I'd give it a 65% plausibility rating, which means it would be worth it to wait and see, while at the same time not getting your hopes up.

If the timing on the release is anywhere near accurate for AT&T in the US, then that could really benefit MS, as many people will be getting their Tax Refunds and looking for something to spend all that cash on. Upgrades on phones will be a high consideration for many I am quite sure.

umovies

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
man Im expecting it to be shown in a couple days, with the win 10 thing, that's coming up soon wed. think about it most of new stuff like camera 5 thought it will work on 1520 it wont on the 1020 so it very stupid to bring all that out with out a new phone, Im totally expecting it, I think it that rm-1099 is it, anything higher than that would go to 1100's so it me its obvious that its a flagship, even thought it could be a 1520 upgrade that would be that big of a deal as the 1520 already has the quadcore 800 and will already do 4k, to be that means that it will be the 1030 with the 50mp camera , another reason is them letting lumia camera be on all phones as it wouldn't matter cause even thought it on all windows phones none would take better picture than the 1030 anyway.

mobilejk

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
That's why im on the fence... I keep myself upto date on all these things and if evleaks o even this site doesn't say anything i dont believe it... Yet he sounded so convincing, like he actually convinced me not to buy him a phone; why would he do that??

Maybe u r right, mis-interpreted rumors...

Btw, at which company do you in, att too?

You should of asked the rep how much weed he had smoked that day...
Corporate store reps are kept in the dark like unripe avocado's.

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I doubt it'll be that early, but with the new 532 being labelled as "Windows 10 Ready", you've got to think whether MS are getting some hardware out there sooner then Win10, which will then be upgraded when Win10 is officially released!

Just guessing...

G.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3